Firmware Auto Updater Application
With the RCA Auto Updater application installed on your system, you will always be up to date with the latest firmware and software for your RCA Player.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Auto Updater Software link to download and install the latest RCA Auto Updater Application for your RCA M4002 Audio Player.
- When prompted, select either run or save.
This program can be configured to regularly check the RCA website for new firmware releases or software updates specific to your player. You decide if and when you want to update your player with the new firmware. See example below:
Windows Vista™ Users, Please Note:
Due to the heightened security of Windows Vista™, some startup applications may be blocked. After installing the RCA Firmware Update Utility you may see the message shown in Figure 1 if you are running Windows Vista™ on your PC.
To allow the RCA Firmware Auto Update Utility to run, follow these steps:
1. Locate and right-click on the icon circled in Figure 2 in your system tray
2. From the resultant popup menu, move your mouse over the Run blocked program option as shown in Figure 3
3. Now left-click the Firmware Auto Update Utility from the Run blocked program menu as shown in Figure 4
You will then be prompted whether to allow the RCA Firmware Auto Update utility to run or not – choose the Allow option. The RCA Firmware Auto Update Utility should now be running in the system tray.