Using the Clock, Radio, and CD player on the RCA RP5610 Clock Radio
- Press the SET button until is displayed .
- Press REV or FWD to set the time.
- AM or PM icon will show beside the time.
Tip: No icon will be flashing if all selectors are set, if you see any icon flashing on display, press the SET button repeatedly to confirm everything is set correctly.
Operating the Radio
Tuning the Stations
- Press ON to turn on the radio.
- Slide the FM/AM switch to the desired broadcast band.
- Turn the TUNING knob to select a station.
- Press OFF to turn off the radio.
The Built In Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) works only on FM. It helps reducing drift on FM reception and keeping the radio locked in on the FM station to which it is tuned. When tuning in FM stations, you may notice that the station you are tuning can be well-tuned on two or three nearby points on the dial. Always tune carefully at the loudest and clearest point.
- AM Antenna - A built-in ferrite rod antenna eliminates the need for an outside antenna for AM reception. Rotating the unit slightly may improve the reception of distant AM stations.
- FM antenna - The power cord acts as your FM antenna. It picks up moderate to strong stations and eliminates the need for an external antenna in most strong signal areas. Be sure the power cord is stretched to its full length. Do not coil or bunch the cord together. Changing position of the power cord may improve reception.
Tip: You may try to move the power cord in order to improve the reception.
Listening to compact disc
- Lift to open the CD compartment door.
- Insert a disc and close the door.
- Press >|| PLAY/PAUSE.
- Adjust volume to your desired level.
- Press REV << or FWD >> to skip backward and forward.
- Press STOP to stop CD playback.
Note: When there is no disc in the CD compartment, “nd” will
show on display.
Listening to auxiliary source
- Connect the external auxiliary source (e.g. mp3 player) to AUX IN jack on the left of the unit with an audio cable.
- Press ON twice to select auxiliary input mode with AUX shows on the display.
- Adjust volume by rotating the volume control knob. Control other playback operations on the auxiliary unit.
Selecting play mode
- Start CD playback.
- During playback, press CD MODE to toggle between different play modes.
REPEAT ONE - repeat the current track.
REPEAT ALL - repeat the whole disc.
SHUFFLE - play tracks randomly.
SHUFFLE REPEAT - play random tracks repeatedly.