Operating Instructions for PRO9842A Remote Security System
|Arming the System - Active:
- Turn off the ignition, exit the vehicle, and close all doors.
- Press and release the Left button on the key chain transmitter one time.
- The doors will lock, the LED will begin to flash slowly and the vehicle's parking lamps will flash once, and the siren/horn sounds one chirp.
|Silent Arming - Active:
- Turn off the engine, exit the vehicle and close all doors.
- Press and hold the Left button on the key chain transmitter for two seconds.
- The LED begins to flash slowly, and the parking Lights flash one time. The Siren/Horn will not sound. The door locks are optional.
|Arming the System - Passive (Automatic):
- Turn the ignition key off, exit the vehicle, and close all doors, hood lid, and trunk lid.
- The LED will begin to flash rapidly, 30 seconds later the system is armed.
- Opening any protected entry point during the 30 second passive arming cycle will immediately suspend automatic arming and the 30 second passive arming cycle will re-start when all doors are closed.
- At the end of the passive arming cycle the LED begins to flash slowly, the parking lights flash one time, the siren/horn sounds one chirp and the door locks are optional.
|Protection while the system is armed:
- Opening any protected door, hood, or trunk lid will cause the alarm to immediately sound. The alarm will continue to sound for 30 seconds, then stop and continue to monitor all protected entry points. If the thief left a door opened, the alarm will sound for six 30 second cycles, remain armed and ignore that triggered zone.
- Whenever the system is armed, the red dash mounted LED indicator will slowly flash. This serves as a visual deterrent to the potential thief. The LED is a very low current bulb and will not cause the vehicle's battery to drain, even when left unattended for long periods of time.
- Whenever the system is triggered, the vehicle's parking lights will flash for the full 30 second alarm cycle, attracting visual attention to the vehicle.
- Whenever the system is armed, the vehicle's starting circuit will be bypassed. If the thief should choose to ignore the siren/horn, the vehicle can not be started.
- Any strong impact to the vehicle will cause the alarm to trigger for the full 30 second alarm cycle.
- Any mild impact to the vehicle will cause the alarm to sound a short series of warning tones.
|Disarming the System:
- As you approach the vehicle, press and release the Disarm/Unlock button on the key chain transmitter.
- The LED will turn off, the vehicle's parking lamps will flash 2 times, the doors will unlock (optional) and the siren/horn will sound two chirps.
- As you approach the vehicle, press and hold the Disarm/Unlock button on the key chain transmitter for 2 seconds.
- The LED turns off, the parking lights flash two times, the siren/horn does not sound, and the door will unlock (optional).
|Intrusion Warning Signals:
This system will inform you if an intrusion attempt has occurred while you were away from the vehicle. If an intrusion attempt has occurred, the siren/horn will chirp 4 times and the parking lights will flash 3 times when disarming the system. Enter the vehicle and observe the red dash mounted LED to identify which zone was triggered.
- If the LED is flashing two times...pause...two times...pause...etc., then an intrusion attempt was made to a hood or trunk, or to a light activated entry point if the alarm was installed using the voltage sensing feature.
- If the LED is flashing three times...pause...three times...pause...etc., then an intrusion attempt was made through one of the vehicle's doors.
These intrusion warning indicators are stored in the system's memory and will only be erased when the ignition key is turned on.
|Valet/Program/Manual Override Switch:
The valet switch allows you to temporarily bypass all alarm functions, eliminating the need to hand your transmitter to parking attendants or garage mechanics. When the system is in valet mode, all alarm functions are bypassed, however the remote panic feature and remote door locks will remain operational.
To use the valet mode, the system must first be disarmed either by using your key chain transmitter, or by manually overriding the system:
- Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition key to the On position.
- Press and hold the valet/override push-button switch until the LED turns on solid. The system will remain in valet mode.
- To return to normal operation, press and release the push-button switch any time the ignition is on.
Note: Always remember to exit the valet mode to ensure that the vehicle remains protected at all times.
|Eliminating the Normal Arm/Disarm Chirps:
You can eliminate the chirps selectively any time you arm or disarm the system simply by holding the Arm/Disarm button for two seconds. If you find the normal arming and disarming chirps annoying, they can be turned off permanently, eliminating the need to hold the Arm/Disarm button for two seconds.
To eliminate chirps:
- With the valet switch in the off position, turn the ignition key on then off.
- Within 10 seconds, press and release the valet push-button switch three times.
- If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating they have been turned off.
- If the chirps were off before you started, then you hear one chirp indicating they have been turned on.
Note: If the siren/horn chirps two times, regardless of the valet switch operation as described above, then the horn and siren chirps have been turned off via programming features 7 and 8. Contact your installation center or Audiovox technical department for information on how to reinstate the chirp feature through programming.
Note: Whenever the chirps are by-passed, the 4 chirp intrusion indicator and 3 chirp defective zone indicator will always operate. Since these are important warnings to you that something has happened, they cannot be eliminated.
|Remote Panic Operation:
The Lock or Unlock button on your key chain transmitter also functions as a panic switch for use in emergency situations.
To use remote panic:
- Press and hold the Lock or Unlock button on the key chain transmitter for 3 or more seconds. The alarm will immediately sound.
To stop the alarm:
- Press and hold the Lock or Unlock button on the transmitter again for 3 seconds. If the button is not pressed, the alarm will automatically stop after 30 seconds. Also if any transmitter button other than the Lock or Unlock button is pressed and released, the Panic mode will be turned off immediately. The normal function of this transmitter button will be suspended during the Panic sounding period.
Note: While in the Panic mode, pressing and releasing the Lock or the Unlock buttons will, if the option is installed, lock and unlock the doors respectively. While in the Panic mode, anytime the unlock button is pressed, the panic feature will continue for the allowed 30 seconds, however, the security system will be disarmed allowing the vehicle to start.
|Additional Remote Function (Channel 2):
This security system has an additional feature that can be connected to a number of different optional accessories. Some of the more common uses for this channel are:
- Remote Trunk Release
- Remote Window Closure
- Remote Garage Door Interface
To activate the optional accessory, press and hold the right button on the key chain transmitter for 3 seconds.
|Ignition Door Locking/Unlocking:
When connected to a vehicle's power door lock system the unit is capable of being programmed for the added safety and security of ignition controlled door locking and unlocking. These features are separate, so the unit may be programmed for on, or both, or neither. These features can only be used if the optional door lock/unlock circuit is installed.
- When the ignition door locking feature is programmed, the system will cause all door locks to lock whenever the ignition switch is turned from the off to on position, (providing all doors are closed at that time). All doors will lock approximately 2 seconds after the vehicle's ignition switch is turned on.
- When the ignition door unlocking feature is programmed, the system will cause all door locks to unlock whenever the ignition switch is turned from the on to off position. All doors will unlock immediately after the vehicle's ignition switch is turned off.