X3000 Lyra™ PMR Upgrade Utility
Version 1.05.04. release notes:
This firmware allows your RCA player to function when used with most subscription based music and video services. However, it has not been certified to meet the requirements of the “PlaysForSure” program.
- ADPCM Support. This feature will allow you to playback files originally recorded on an RCA Small Wonder Camcorder.
- “Instant On” feature. Within 48 hours of when you shut off your X3000, this user selectable feature will allow you to instantly turn the player back on and resume where you powered down, whether mid music or movie, or inside a menu.
- New Charge Mode Indicator. Unit will now show the charging state on the LCD when connected to AC power, even if the unit is powered off.
- Backlight on. When in USB mode, pressing any key will now turn the backlight feature on.
- Records and plays back ASF/WMV/MP4 files UP TO 4GB in size.
- Also includes all previous improvements from below.
Please also note, if you are using Audible Books, you will need to re-install the “Audible Manager™” software on your PC.
Plus previous release improvements:
- TV Screen Saver feature added
- Improved folder delete speed
- IR Blaster database updated
- FAST Scroll feature implemented
- Extended Battery life by reducing standby current
- Rotary sensing control now enabled for Main Menu.
- Voice Label feature now embeds voice file into Jpeg file. Warning: if you have previously used Voice Labels, the old photo/mp3 voice association will be lost and will require re-recording.
- Video repeat Mode is now enabled. To use this feature after upgrade: Go to SETUP>Audio/Video>Play Mode>Video Repeat.
- DivX™ Subtitle bug fixed.
- Enhanced recording feature a Video preview enabled with preset recording times.
- Audio Language selectable during video playback from Video Settings Banner.
- Text Scrolling Display Enabled in Navigation Modes.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link.
- Connect the power adapter to the X3000 Lyra™ PMR. WARNING: Power adapter MUST BE CONNECTED before starting the upgrade process. The Flash Upgrade process on the device will not run if the power adapter is not connected.
- Run (double-click) the X3000 Lyra™ PMR Upgrade Utility executable file located on your computer. Any X3000 Lyra™ PMR devices already connected properly to the system will be automatically detected by the application.
- Press Transfer Files to copy the new firmware/application files to the appropriate location on the device. A progress meter will appear to indicate the status of the update. Press Exit to dismiss the Progress Meter dialog when the device update is completed.
- Verify the power adapter is connected to the device. The flash upgrade process on the device will not run if the power adapter is not connected.
- After the system/firmware files have been copied over to the device, if the device is using the Mass- Storage Class (MSC) protocol, properly stop the device from WindowsTM (From the System Tray, left click on the icon and select the USB Mass Storage Device items associated with the X3000 Lyra™ PMR Device that was just updated.)
- Disconnect the USB cable from the device.
- The Firmware Upgrade Process screen will appear after the Lyra Splash screen has been displayed.