Troubleshooting the AR AWS73 Portable wireless speaker
|The following troubleshooting guide takes you through some of the more common problems associated with the installation and/or operation of a wireless system. If the problem persists, please call toll-free at 1-800-732-6866 or visit www.acoustic-research.com.
Issue: No Sound
Cause and solution:
- Confirm the transmitter AC power adapter is fully inserted into the wall outlet and the power cord from the AC adapter is firmly connected to the transmitter power input jack.
- Confirm that the speaker is turned on and tuned to the transmitter—the indicator light on the back of the speaker should be solid blue (not blinking).
- If you're using the power adapters, confirm that both (the speaker and transmitter) are fully inserted into their wall outlets and the adapter power cords are firmly connected to the power input jacks on the transmitter or speaker. or
- If you're using batteries for the speaker, check that they are fresh and inserted with correct polarity (+, –).
- Check that the audio source component (stereo, MP3 player, etc.) is turned on and transmitting sound as it normally should.
- Make sure the volume on your audio source is turned up.
- Check that the speaker volume is turned up.
- If you are using a Tape 2 Monitor output from your receiver/amp as the audio output, confirm pressing the Tape Monitor/ Tape 2 button on the front of the receiver. This will turn on the Tape 2 outputs, which may not have been active.
Issue: Sound is Distorted or has Static
Cause and solution:
- When using battery power, make sure the batteries are fresh and replace if necessary.
- Check that the speaker’s indicator light is solid blue (not blinking) when an audio source is connected to the transmitter
- Change the position of the channel select switch (1, 2 or 3) to change the operating frequency. Then press the AutoScan button on the speaker’s back panel to make the speaker retune.
- Change the location of the transmitter. Place it as high and away from obstructions as possible. Avoid placing the transmitter directly on top of or behind a TV.
- Move the transmitter and speaker closer together. Sending the signal through certain materials, such as glass, tile, and metal, can decrease the effective transmitting distance of the system.