Powering the Speaker System
There are two options to power your wireless speaker: using the included AC power adapter or using 6 AA batteries (not included).
AC Power Adapter:
- Insert the small, round plug from the speaker AC power adapter into the DC IN jack on the bottom panel of the speaker.
- Plug the other end of the speaker AC power adapter into any standard 120V AC wall outlet.
Notes: Be sure to use the speaker AC power adapter rated 10V DC 1500 mA. The power unit should be plugged in so that it stays vertical or lies flat.
- Remove the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the speaker.
- Insert six (6) AA batteries (not included) into the speaker following the polarity (”+” and “-”) as diagrammed inside the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the speaker.
Notes: Place the rubber cap in the speaker power input jack when using batteries. DO NOT mix batteries with different chemistry types (for example, a zinc battery with an alkaline battery). DO NOT mix new and used batteries. DO NOT leave batteries installed in the product when not in use for long periods. Always remove old, weak or worn-out batteries promptly and recycle or dispose of them in accordance with local and national regulations.
Setting Up Bluetooth Wireless
Pairing: The Bluetooth-enabled device that you wish to stream audio to your speaker system must first be paired to the speaker. The process is simple, and in most cases the pairing process needs to be done only once.
To pair your Bluetooth-enabled device with the speaker:
- Make sure your device’s Bluetooth is turned on. See the wireless and/or network settings menu on your device to check.
- If the speaker isn't already on, press the On-Off button to turn it on. You will hear a beep to indicate the speaker is turned on. The indicator light on the front of the speaker starts flashing blue.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds the Pair button to enter pairing mode. You will hear 2 beeps to indicate pairing mode is entered. The indicator on the front of the speaker starts blinking faster.
- Open the Bluetooth settings menu on your device. Select “AR SPEAKER” from the list of devices available (you might have to scan for devices). If your device asks for a password, enter “0000”.
- A confirmation screen will appear on your device once the speaker and the device are successfully paired. The blue indicator turns solid blue to indicate successful connection. The speaker is now ready for you to stream audio from your device.
- Turn the volume on your device to at least 3/4 max, then start playing something on the device. Control the speaker volume on the speaker itself, using the Volume +/– buttons on the back of the speaker.
Note: If you notice the sound from the speaker is distorted, turn down your device’s volume. Streaming Audio With Bluetooth Once you've paired and connected your device