Operating the Jensen BT360 Bluetooth Car Kit
Using the remote control:
The BT360 is operated using a wired remote control:
Control Module Functions:
- Volume Up/Down: Press during operation to increase or lower the volume.
- Answer/ Dial Last Call: Press to answer a call. For call waiting, press to answer a second call during a call. Press again to return to the first call. To redial the last number called press and hold.
- End/Voice Dial: Press to reject / disconnect a call. Press and hold for two seconds to activate the Voice Recognition function. After the tone, say the name and the phone will automatically dial. Note: The voice dial function works only when the mobile phone supports this function.
- OLED Display: Display’s caller ID, FM Transmitter Frequency, Pairing Information, Paired Phone Name, Status.
- Play/Pause FM: Press to activate FM transmitter mode, play or pause digital music stored on your A2DP phone.
- Next / Previous Song: Press to play next or previous song.
To use a phone with your BT360, you must first pair the phone and receiver.
- DO NOT attempt to pair a phone while driving. Park your car and with the ignition on proceed.
- Press and hold the Answer/redial and End/Voice dial buttons at the same time for 3 seconds until you hear a tone and the Display shows “pairing”.
- Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Follow the documentation provided with your phone to search for new devices.
- Select the BT360 from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone.
- Enter the passcode: 1234. when prompted on your phone.
- The Display on the BT360 will show the phone model or name and a connected sign when the pairing is established.
Note: You may follow the above steps to pair a second, third and fourth phone. Pairing a fifth phone will cause the first phone paired to be deleted.
Operation with multiple paired phones
When the ignition is turned on the BT360 begins to search for paired phones. Priority is given to the most recently connected phone.
Example: Phone A is connected first, phone B is connected second and phone C is connected third. If all three phones are in the car when the ignition is turned on phone C will establish a connection with the BT360.
Note: If phone C is turned off or if the person using it leaves the car and goes out of range the connection will be broken. In order to establish another connection with one of the remaining phones, press the answer/redial button once or restart the ignition. The BT360 performs another search and establishes a connection with the most recently connected phone, in this example phone B.
Resetting the Car Kit
If for any reason you need to reset the BT360 back to the factory settings and delete all paired phones, follow these instructions.
Master Reset > M. Reset
The car kit only connects to one phone at a time. However, it can be paired with up to 4 phones. Using Master Reset function will delete all pairings.
To reset press and hold the Volume up and down keys at the same time. Continue holding the buttons until you hear a tone. After master reset, all the paired setting will be erased, you can now pair your phone.
Transferring calls (Call Waiting)
To transfer a call from Incoming Call 1 to Call 2 (Call waiting), press the answer key once during the Call to pick up the new incoming call, and press the answer key again to switch back to Call 1.
- The display will not show Incoming Call 2 during the call, but you will hear a waiting tone so you remember there is another call waiting.
- To transfer a privacy call from your phone to the BT360 follow the instructions provided with your phone.
Setting the FM Transmitter Mode for A2DP
- Press the Play/Pause key for 3 seconds to enter the FM mode. The control will display “FM MODE”
- Find a radio station on your car stereo that does not already have anything playing on it. This will be the station you will set the BT360 to transmit the A2DP Music on so you can hear it on your stereo.
- To adjust the FM transmit frequency: Hold the Play/Pause key for another 3 seconds, and then adjust to the same FM channel that you selected on your radio. By pressing the forward and backward key, and then press the End key to confirm the setting.
- The BT360 can memorize 3 FM channels. When playing music, first enter the FM mode, then press the Play/Pause key one time to view the 3 set stations you have selected, M1, M2, M3.
Note: The music will be muted automatically when a calls comes in. Calls are heard only through the BT360 Speaker, not the car speakers.
Last Number Re-Dial
Press and hold the Send key “” to activate the last dial feature.
Press and hold the End Key “” to activate the voice dial.
Note: Voice dialing MUST be supported by your phone to use this feature.
Using the Multimedia buttons to Play, Pause, Stop and jump to Next or Previous song. Note: For some mobile phones, users will need to turn on the MP3 before BT360 can play the Media function.
Notes on using voice recognition
Voice recognition is a feature of your phone which enables you to dial a number by simply saying a pre-recorded “voice tag”. Normally when you set a voice tag, you speak directly into the phone. When accessing this feature with the Car Kit, you may find it is necessary to re-record the voice tag while you are in the car. This will set not only the way you say the voice tag, but also record a familiar background noise.
Since phones are in continual contact with the Car Kit, it is possible to use the included Car Kit’s microphone to record the voice tag. Locate the feature on your mobile phone, and when prompted for the voice tag, speak clearly from a comfortable position in the driver’s seat.
Note: Some phones have speaker independent voice recognition technology and do not require users to pre-record voice tag. Refer to your phones users’ manual for more specific information.
Updating the Bluetooth Software
The BT360 has the ability to be upgraded to give you many years of use and to be compatible with newer versions of phones. There is a complete manual that explains the upgrade process available at WWW.JENSEN.COM. We do not recommend entering this mode without first downloading the upgrade information and reading it completely. It is possible to render your car kit in-operable if you do not complete this process correctly. This would not be covered under warranty as it would not be considered a defect.
To enter upgrade mode, hold the Volume UP and Down keys and then power on the BT360. The display will show “BT Update”After upgrading, please turn the unit off and on again by turning your cars ignition on and off.