You will first need to register the device so you can start to monitor, manage, and maintain your vehicle.
- Go to www.mycar-connection.com
- Click “Activate Device”. Once clicked, you will be directed to the registration portal where in the next 5 minutes you will complete your activation.
- Read the Instructions and gather necessary information.
- Once you have read the instructions and have all of your necessary information at hand, press “Continue”.
- Choose either “Monthly” or “Annual” billing plans.
- Type in the number of devices you wish to register.
- Enter the MEID number for your device. (The device MEID is located on the white label on your device and the bottom left of the package.)
- Click “Activate Devices” when ready.
- The screen will advance once the serial number that was typed in is validated.
- As an added bonus, your Car Connection device comes with a complimentary cell phone restriction application from AegisMobility. This application is downloaded to a specific cell phone and the parental controlled app controls the permissions of the cell phone. Click "Add Zoomsafer" or click "No Thanks" to continue.
- You should now be at the Cart Summary Screen: Review the information shown and click "Proceed to Checkout".
- On the next page is the EULA (End-User License Agreement). Please read this carefully and then click "I Accept" to continue.
Upon activating your device, the next step is to create your user registration for the web portal.
- Type your Name, Email Address, Password and Password Hint. Click "Continue" to proceed.
- Enter your Billing Address and click "Continue" to proceed.
- Enter your Billing Credit Card Information and click "Continue" to proceed.
- Review your Order Summary. Make any necessary changes by clicking "Change" under either your address or payment information. If there are no changes to be made, click "Submit Order".
You have completed your device activation and account registration. You will now be automatically directed to the Car Connection web page to sign in and start monitoring, managing, and maintaining your vehicle.
Please follow the following steps to activate your device, the actual activation may take up to 1 hour.
- Once your account is set up, plug the Car Connection device into your vehicle’s OBDII port. In most vehicles, this can be located under the driver’s side dash.
- Now that your device is plugged in, the wireless activation may take up to 1 hour. Please leave the device plugged in for at least 1 hour to confirm that the activation was successful.
- Unplug the device, wait for 10 seconds, then plug the device back in.
- Turn the ignition to the “ON” position, you should see a green flashing LED on the underside of the device approximately 1 minute after the vehicle ignition is turned to the “ON” position. Once the green LEDs are flashing the device is successfully activated.
- If for any reason you do NOT see the LEDs flashing after this process, please repeat steps 3 and 4.
|LED Status Legend:
|Green LED - Rapid flicker
||Device activated and IGN is on
|Red LED - Quick flash 5 times per second
||No network and no GPS
|Red LED - Quick flash once per second
||Valid network, no GPS
|Red LED - Slow solid blink
||No network, valid GPS
|No LED - Ignition is OFF
||Device is sleeping
Monitoring, Managing and Maintaining Your Vehicle
- Open your web browser, and go to www.mycar-connection.com
- Sign in with your email address and password that you set up during your device activation.
- You will now see the "Dashboard Home Screen".
Dashboard Home Screen: Your dashboard is where your Car Connection experience will start each and every time you log in. Below is a brief description of the icons.
- Current Vehicle: Displays the vehicle currently being monitored. Also contains the drop down tab to change vehicles in real time.
- Alerts: Displays 5 most recent alerts. Also gives you the ability to specify a specific date.
- Reminders: Displays 5 most recent alerts.
- Fuel Economy: Displays the “real” MPG (Miles Per Gallon) in both a numeric and visual representation. Click within the box to proceed to the Fuel Economy page for further details in regards to the vehicle’s fuel economy.
- Driver Scoring: Displays your driver score in both a numeric and visual representation. which may be used for coaching or possible insurance premium discounts. Click within the box to proceed to the Driver Scoring page for further details in regards to what made up the specific score as well as tips on how to improve.
- Vehicle Health: Displays your vehicle’s health in both a numeric and visual representation. which may be used for scheduled or emergency maintenance. Click within the box to proceed to the Vehicle Health page for further details , such as alerts, reminders, and recalls.
- Safety Zones: Displays on a map currently set zones, allows for modification of those, as well as the creation of new ones.
Click within the box to proceed to the Safety Zone page for further details and instructions on how to create, modify, and delete zones.
- Location: Displays on a map current location as well as previous locations with in a 24 hour period.
Click within the box to proceed to the Location page for further details and ability to specify previous dates to see where the vehicle has been.
- Settings: Click within the box to proceed to the Settings page to upload a vehicle picture, name, make, model, year.
Edit your profile, password and notifications.
Zoomsafer app is located here as well.
TIP – Each time you refresh your screen the most recent numbers and information will be displayed.
Session Timeout: If left unattended, your Car Connection portal will “timeout”. This is to protect the user’s account. To extend your session, you will be asked to re-enter your password.
For more information on any of the above, please view your Walk-Through Guide by clicking here.