For stand-alone functioning, it is recommended that your wireless headphones be powered by rechargeable batteries. The unit requires two rechargeable AAA batteries. These are uncharged when you purchase them. Before you can use the wireless headphones for the first time, the batteries must be charged for 16 hours. Follow these steps to install and charge the batteries:
Installing the Rechargeable Batteries:
- On the right headphone, locate the battery compartment. Turn the battery compartment cover counterclockwise to remove the cover.
- Insert two AAA rechargeable batteries, carefully following the markings inside to ensure the batteries are inserted properly, with the + and – ends in the correct positions.
- Replace the battery compartment cover.
Charging the Rechargeable Batteries:
- Make sure the ON/OFF switch, located on the right headphone, is in the OFF position.
- Connect the AC/DC main power adapter to the DC IN power supply socket, located on the back of the recharging cradle/transmitter.
- Plug the adapter into an electrical outlet.
- Place the headphones into the recharging cradle/transmitter, with the power LED indicator light facing the front. Make sure the headphones are placed in a completely vertical position, not leaning to either side. If the headphones are placed correctly, the red charging LED indicator lights on the recharging cradle/transmitter illuminate.
- Charge the rechargeable batteries for 16 hours before using the headphones for the first time.
- Battery charges last approximately eight hours before recharging is necessary.
The recharging cradle/transmitter acts both as a transmitter of the signal to the headphones as well as the recharging base.
Recharging the Headset Using the Cradle/Transmitter:
- Verify that the ON/OFF Switch is in the OFF position.
- Place the headphones into the recharging cradle/transmitter with the red Power LED indicator light on the right headphone facing the front of the unit. The contacts on the right headphone should come into contact with the charging prongs on the cradle/transmitter.
- Rotate the headphone toward the back of the unit to lock headphone into charging position.
- If the headphones are placed correctly, the charging contact leads will touch the charging prongs. At that point, the red charging LED indicator light on the recharging cradle/transmitter illuminate.
Connecting the Cradle/Transmitter to an Audio Source:
- Connect the AC/DC main power adapter to the DC IN power supply socket at the back of the recharging cradle/transmitter. Then, connect the adaptor to an electrical outlet. Important: This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position.
- Plug the stereo audio cable into the headphone jack of your audio source (e.g., stereo, TV, CD player, DVD, etc.).
- Connect the other end of the stereo audio cable to the Left and Right AUDIO inputs on the cradle/transmitter. The green audio signal LED indicator light, located on the front of the recharging cradle/transmitter, illuminates as soon as you have connected the power adapter to the outlet and when an audio signal is detected by the rechargi