Operating the Advent OCH1 Head Unit
XM Satellite Radio Operation (if equipped)
NOTE: Please use Jensen XMDirect2 Connection Cable Model CNPJEN1 and Jensen XMDirect2 Vehicle Tuner Model CNP2000UCA.
- MENU Icon: Press this icon to return to the Main Menu Screen.
- Antenna Indicator: As the strength of the satellite radio signal increases, the number of illuminated segments increases.
- Mute Indicator: This indicator is displayed when the volume is muted.
- Time Display: This indicator displays the time as entered by the user in the Settings Menu.
- Information Display: Displays XM channel, category, title, and artist information.
- EQ - Equalizer Icon: Press this icon to access the equalizer controls.
- Audio Icon: Press this icon to access the audio controls.
- Channel Icon: Press the Previous icon to tune to the previous channel. Press the Next icon to tune to the next channel.
- Category Icon: Categories group music by type such as jazz, rock, classical, etc. Press the Previous icon to display the previous channel within the currently selected category. Press the Next ( ) icon to display the next channel within the currently selected category.
- Preset Icons: Presets consist of channels that were stored into memory. Press a preset icon to tune to a preset channel. The radio can store eighteen XM presets. To store a preset: Select a channel. Press and hold a preset icon. After approximately two seconds, the channel name will appear on the icon, indicating that the currently playing channel is now set into that preset memory position.
- Status Indicator: Displays XM Satellite Radio status information.
- Mute Icon: Press this icon to mute the audio output of the unit. The mute indicator will appear. Press this icon again to unmute the volume. The mute indicator disappears.
- Band Icon: Only six preset icons will display at a time. Press this icon to display the next six preset icons.
- Scan Icon: Press this icon to scan for the next available channel. The unit will pause for approximately four seconds at that channel. Press Scan again to listen to that channel. If Scan is not pressed, the unit will automatically seek the next channel.
- Direct Entry Icon: Press this icon to access the XM Radio Direct Entry Screen. A keyboard appears. You can enter a number corresponding to a desired XM channel using the numeric keypad. Once the desired XM channel is entered, press the Enter icon and the unit will tune to the XM channel. Press the Clear icon to clear the keypad display. Channel Guide Icon: Press this icon to access the Channel Guide Screen. A channel list appears. Press a channel in the list boxes to tune to that channel. Press the Scroll Down icon to view the next page or the Scroll Up icon to view the previous page. CH Icon: Press this icon to display a listing of available channels. Cat Icon: Press this icon to view a listing of available categories. Prev Icon: Press this icon to access the previous page of the list. Next Icon: Press this icon to access the next page of the list.
XM Radio ID: The XM Radio ID consists of eight alphanumeric characters. To view the XM Radio ID:
- Enter the XM Radio Direct Entry Screen.
- Using the keyboard, press zero and then press Enter. The XM Radio ID will be displayed.
STILL NEED HELP?- We use an automated support system so we can serve our customers in a first in - first out manner and prevent long hold times on the telephone systems
- Feel free to search the knowledge base by entering your model number or keyword in the search box on the Support Home Page or on the Answer Page , then push the red search button to find additional answers available as this answer may be only one of the many available answers in our system for your product.
NOTE: Search for a MODEL NUMBER, searching for words like purchase or, warranty will get you far to many results and make finding the answer you are looking much more difficult
REACHING CUSTOMER CARE
If searching the answers in our Knowledgebase did not answer your question and you need additional information, support, warranty service or want to inquire about out of warranty repair please follow one of the steps below to use the automated support system
1. New to the Support Site :
Click here to go to the Support Account Creation Page so you can submit a support request and we can respond.
2 . Returning Customer:
Click Here to Go to the Ask A Question Page so you can submit a support request and we can respond. Note: You may have to login if you haven't already