Follow the steps below to install your Wireless Phone Jack System.
NOTE: To ensure proper performance, it is important to install the Base Unit FIRST then install the Extension Unit. Also ensure that both units are securely plugged into the wall outlets.
- Plug one end of the provided telephone cord into either jack on the right side of the base unit, and the other end into any existing wall phone jack.
- The phone previously used at that location should now be plugged into the extra jack on the side of the base unit.
- Now plug the base unit into an electrical outlet.
- Plug Wireless Phone Jack Extension unit into an electrical outlet where you want a new phone jack.
- Plug telephone’s line cord into the extension unit. There should now be a dial tone when your phone is taken off the hook.
If your neighbor uses a Wireless Phone Jack System, there could be some interference like static or background noise evident when you use a phone. To help prevent this from occurring, the Wireless Phone Jack System contains security codes which provide unique settings for your unit’s operations. To set your Security Code, follow the steps below. Once set, these codes are locked in the system allowing you to move the units to a new location within your home without resetting. In addition, the codes will be protected in memory even during power outages and should hold up to 2 hours.
Setting The Security Code:
- Complete the unit installation steps on page 6. Make sure the phones connected to the units are on their hook, and the units are plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Find the small recessed coding button on the right side of each unit. a. Using a pen or pencil, depress the button on the base unit. The green light on the base will light up. b. Next press the button on the extension unit(s). (Allow no more than 5 minutes to elapse between base and extension( s) button depression.) If the extension is able to establish a compatible code, its light will flash once. If the extension is unable to find a compatible code, the light will continue to flash. It is possible that you will have to depress the extension button a couple of times before it flashes only once.
- Once codes are set, lift the extension phone off the hook and replace. (The green light on the base unit should not be lit.)
RCA Digital Satellite System
The Wireless Phone Jack System allows you to add a phone jack near your TV for easy RCA Digital Satellite System Receiver hook-up. After installing the Wireless Phone Jack base unit (see page 6), follow the picture and instructions below to install the extension unit to the RCA Digital Satellite System Receiver.
- Plug Extension Unit into an electrical outlet.
- Plug one end of the phone line cord provided into jack on extension unit.
- Plug the other end of the phone line cord into back of Digital Satellite System Receiver phone line jack. Once your Wireless Phone Jack System base and extension units are installed you can expand your system with additional extensions to add more phone jacks. Extension units are sold separately, ask for Digital Satellite System model D910 (or RCA model <rn:answer_xref style="TEXT-INDENT: