Operating the Audiovox OE Integration MediaBridge A-MBR-1500-HON Multimedia Integration Kit
Accessing the MediaBridge as the audio source: Much like the radio’s AM/FM tuner, satellite radio or CD audio sources, the MediaBridge is integrated to
be part of the vehicle’s audio system. To access the MediaBridge source, press the SAT/XM button (if SAT
emulation is set) or DISC button (if CDC emulation is set) on the radio. Pressing this button repeatedly will
cycle through sources present in the vehicle (CD > MediaBridge).
MediaBridge source selection: The MediaBridge adds additional audio sources including USB iPod/Memory, auxiliary audio input*, SIRIUS
Satellite Radio* and Bluetooth. To cycle between these sources, use the SEEK, TRACK or TUNE buttons
within the first 5 seconds of accessing the MediaBridge as the audio source.
*These sources require additional parts/accessories/service from Audiovox and/or third parties.
MediaBridge Interface settings (within first 5 seconds of accessing it as the audio source):
- Select DISC/PRESET 1 to apply settings and resume audio playback.
- Select DISC/PRESET 3 to change default volume level; use track up/down to adjust between Min and Max.
- Select DISC/PRESET 4 to enable/disable scrolling text. (SAT emulation only)
- Select DISC/PRESET 6 to view MediaBridge serial number and firmware version. (SAT emulation only)
- DISC 2 and 5 have no settings available.
Operating the MediaBridge in Various Modes
Controlling the MediaBridge iPod Source
Use PRESET 1-6 (DISC 1-6) to enter browsing modes (SONG,
PLAYLIST, ARTIST, ALBUM, PODCAST and AUDIO BOOK).
- Within each mode, use the TUNE/TRACK buttons to
browse the items available.
Note: If the iPod is unlocked, radio control will be limited to Songs, Playlists, and
Albums. Text display will also be limited to show only current song information.
TIP: In CDC emulation, selecting DISCS is done by using the DISC +/- buttons.
Controlling the MediaBridge USB Memory Source
- Select PRESET/DISC 1, then use the TUNE/TRACK buttons to change
from song to song.
- Select PRESET/DISC 2-6 to access Folders and use the TUNE/TRACK
buttons to navigate through the folders on your USB flash drive.
- The MediaBridge unit will recognize the first 8 levels of folders, with up to
200 accessible folders within each folder. Only the first 1000 files will be
read in each folder, the rest will be ignored.
- Songs play in order of when they were added to the flash drive.
Repeat and Random (Shuffle) Settings
Controlling the MediaBridge SIRIUS Source (available in SAT Emulation Only)
- Stations can be saved to PRESET 1-6 by holding the desired PRESET button, while listening to the
- TEXT button will toggle between the text fields.
- SIRIUS Source Image
- If a Sirius Connect compatible tuner is not detected, then either a “No Tuner” message is displayed, or
the SIRIUS option will not be selectable. Please refer to the factory manual of your radio system about
operating the Satellite mode.
- Go to Channel 000 to view the Sirius Tuner ID for activation. The 12 digit SID display format is in two
halves as SID “123456-” followed by “-789ABC”.
Bluetooth and MAT (Music Announcer Technology) Configuration
To alter voice announcement and Bluetooth pairing settings select Bluetooth as your audio source, press the DISC button that corresponds to the feature you want to configure, and then use Track to browse through configuration options:
- DISC 1, 2 or 3 should be selected if you want to control Bluetooth audio streaming playback.
- DISC 4 controls the Autoconnect feature. Available options are Enable and Disable. This controls whether or not the MediaBridge will reconnect automatically when phone becomes disconnected. Only the most recently paired device will be reconnected automatically.
- DISC 5 controls the paired devices memory. There is only one option. Change tracks to clear the listing of paired devices with the MediaBridge and put module into discoverable mode.
- DISC 6 controls MAT setting. Available options are Default, Extended, Phone only, and Off (refer to the chart below).
||Reset MAT back to factory default configuration
||Turn on ALL MAT feature
||Turn on the phone relative MAT only
||Turn off MAT completely
Pairing MediaBridge with your Cell Phone via Bluetooth
- Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your cell phone.
- Select MediaBridge as your audio source from your radio, then select Bluetooth mode.
- Search device from your cell phone.
- Select MediaBridge from device list and enter password “0000” to connect.
Note: MediaBridge is only discoverable for Bluetooth pairing for the first 60 seconds after selecting Bluetooth mode within the MediaBridge. Listen for an announcement saying “MediaBridge Discoverable”. Please perform pairing while the vehicle is parked. Bluetooth devices remain paired 30 seconds after exiting MediaBridge mode, within this time active audio streams and phone calls aren't audible on the phone but can be resumed by re-entering MediaBridge mode.
Answering and Making a Phone Call
Phone calls interrupt any music/ audio that is currently playing on the radio while MediaBridge is the selected audio source.
- To answer an incoming call, press the button that tunes to the next track or channel.
- To reject an incoming call or terminate an active call, press the button that tunes to the previous track or channel.
- To make an outgoing call, dial on the phone like you would normally.
Playing Music from a Cell Phone through MediaBridge via Bluetooth
- Enter Bluetooth mode on MediaBridge.
- Make sure your cell phone is paired with MediaBridge.
- Select and play a song from your cell phone’s music player.
Note: Some cell phones require you to manually select the option to play music via (A2DP) Bluetooth Streaming. Song information is shown on the radio display if your phone supports AVRCP1.3.
- Use Track UP/DOWN to skip tracks / FF / RW songs on the AVRCP compatible phone.