Troubleshooting the Audiovox FPE2305 Television
Ignition effect: Black spots or vertical lines may appear. Screen jumps crazily or is very unstable.
This is commonly the result of car ignition system interference, neon lights, or other
forms of electrical interferences.
Ghost Shadows: This is the result of two signals: One being the original signal from the
antenna while the 2nd signal is a slightly delayed signal, normally the result of
bouncing off tall buildings or other obstructions. This problem might be corrected by
adjusting your outdoor antenna.
Flurries: Lots of tiny dots appears on your screen. This is the result of poor reception Signals. You may have to re-enforce your antenna signals.
|Why am I getting picture with no sound on the FPE2305?
- Check if you have accidentally pressed the "mute" button.
- Check other channels if the same problem exists. If other channels are fine, the problem is with the TV program you are viewing. This shouldn't be a concern.
- Check the main power source.
- Verify all connections are firmly attached.
- Connect cable to another TV.
- Press the SOURCE button on the remote or on the top of the unit to get to the desired display option.
- If you are using an outdoor antenna, please check your connections.
- Check your volume settings.
|Why is there sound with no picture on the FPE2305?
- Check if main power is switched on.
- Check brightness and contrast level to see if they have been turned to the minimum level thus making the screen dark.
- Unplug the cable and re-plug it in after two minutes.
- Connect cable to another TV.
- Check your picture settings.
|Why is the picture too dark on the FPE2305?
- Check your brightness level.
- Check your contrast level.
- In the on screen display (OSD) select default.
- Check your LCD monitor for possible damage.
|Why is the color poor or there is no color on the FPE2305?
- Check the memory settings.
- Check the color settings.
- Check if program is in correct channel.
- Check antenna and cable connections.
- Check possible outside interferences.
|Why isn't the FPE2305 receiving channels above 13?
- Check the TV channel settings.
- Check the antenna and UHF settings.
|Why is the FPE2305 turning off?
- Electric power failure.
- Preset sleep mode feature is on.
- TV programs ended.
|Why is the remote control not working for the FPE2305?
- Check the TV main power source.
- Check if the batteries are weak.
- Check if the batters have been inserted correctly.
- Check if there are obstructions between your remote control and the main TV remote sensor.
- Disconnect your cable for two minutes before reinstalling it.
- If failure resulted from electrical interferences, lightning or static, disconnect the TV main power for 10 seconds before reinstalling it. Restart your TV.
- Try holding the remote 2 inches away from sensor.
|Why is the picture blurry on the FPE2305?
- Check other channels. Problem may be an isolated incident.
- If using outdoor antenna, please check connections.
- Please check your accessories, such as Video recorder, VCD, DVD, etc.
- Check your cable company or outdoor reception.
- RF signal may be too slow.
|Why won't the FPE2305 turn on?
- Make sure the TV is plugged in.
- Make sure the outlet is working.
- Make sure the batteries in the remote are working properly and inserted correctly.
- Unplug the TV for two minutes before re-inserting the plug and turning the unit back on.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.