Powering the Speaker System
Powering the Speaker: There are two options to power your wireless speaker: using the included AC power adapter or using 6 AA batteries (not included).
AC Power Adapter:
- Insert the small, round plug from the speaker AC power adapter into the DC IN jack on the side panel of the speaker.
- Plug the other end of the speaker AC power adapter into any standard 120V AC wall outlet. Note: The power unit should be plugged in so that it stays vertical or lies flat.
- Twist the bolts on the bottom of the speaker counter-clockwise to loosen them completely.
- Remove the bottom of the speaker to access the battery compartment.
- Insert six (6) AA batteries (not included) into the battery compartment, following the polarity diagrams (+ and –).
- Line the bolts on the compartment door up with the holes on either side of the battery compartment and place the speaker bottom back on the speaker.
- Screw the bolts back in and tighten them.
Note: Place the rubber cap in the speaker power input jack when using batteries. DO NOT mix batteries with different chemistry types (for example, a zinc battery with an alkaline battery). DO NOT mix new and used batteries. DO NOT leave batteries installed in the product when not in use for long periods. Always remove old, weak or worn-out batteries promptly and recycle or dispose of them in accordance with local and national regulations.
Setting Up Bluetooth Wireless
Pairing: Any Bluetooth-enabled device that you wish to stream audio to your speaker system must first be paired to the speaker. The process is simple, and in most cases the pairing process needs to be done only once. To pair your Bluetooth-enabled device with the speaker:
- Make sure your device’s Bluetooth is turned on. See the wireless and/or network settings menu on your device to check.
- If the speaker isn't already on, press and hold the button for 3 seconds to turn it on. You will hear 4 beeps to indicate the speaker is turned on. The indicator light on the front of the speaker starts fl ashing blue.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds the Pair button to enter pairing mode. You will hear 2 beeps to indicate pairing mode is entered. The indicator on the front of the speaker starts blinking faster.
- Open the Bluetooth settings menu on your device. Select “AWSBT1” from the list of devices available (you might have to scan for devices). If your device asks for a password, enter “0000”.
- A confirmation screen will appear on your device once the speaker and the device are successfully paired. The blue indicator turns solid blue to indicate successful connection. The speaker is now ready for you to stream audio from your device.
- Turn the volume on your device to at least 3/4 max, then start playing something on the device. Control the speaker volume on the speaker itself, using the +/– buttons on the top of the speaker.
- If you notice the sound from the speaker is distorted, turn down your device’s volume.
- You will hear a beep if you turn the speaker’s volume up to the maximum.
Streaming Audio With Bluetooth: Once you've paired and connected your device with the speaker, you can control music playback from the palm of your hand. Select your music, stop it, change songs and playlists, all right from your device’s screen.
- To adjust volume: Press the Vol +/– buttons on top of the speaker.
- To disconnect from the speaker: Either turn Bluetooth off on your device or choose “Disconnect” from the list of options in your device’s Bluetooth settings.
- To reconnect with the speaker: Just turn the speaker on and wait a few seconds for the speaker to find and connect to your device. If the speaker still hasn't found your device (which may happen if, for instance, another device has been connected after yours) make sure the speaker isn't connected to another device currently. Then select the AWSBT1 from the list of Bluetooth connections available in your device’s Bluetooth menu to connect to it or Fast Re-connect with press and release of the Pair button.
Using the Auxiliary Input
Connecting to an Audio Source:
Connecting to an MP3 player, CD player, or computer:
- Open the storage compartment on the back panel to show the attached 3.5mm cable.
- Connect the cable to the headphone output on your MP3 player or CD player (or the audio output jack on your computer) and start playback.
- Make sure the speaker is on. Then press the button on the top of the speaker. The light on the front of the speaker will change to solid green. You should hear sound coming from the speaker now. To switch back to the speaker’s Bluetooth connection, press the button again.
Note: You may fit your connected device, such as iPhone or iPod touch, inside the closed compartment while the speaker is playing.
Warning: This product is designed to work with line level outputs or headphone outputs only. DO NOT connect it directly to speaker outputs as it will permanently damage the speaker.