Typically, when a new version of firmware is available, the RCA easyRip software will inform you when you connect your device to the PC.
To update the firmware on your RCA M4508 player manually, you will need to:
- First, check to make sure which model your MP3 Player is; either the M4508-B or the M4508-D.
- Connect the player to your computer prior to installation.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Update/Restore Utility link for your specific model.
- Select "Save" and then select the desired folder to save the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Note: You may have to right click on your browsers information bar and choose allow download as some browsers prevent file download without your explicit permission at time of attempted download.