Operating the Advent ADV48A Overhead DVD Player
The System Menu contains features and options that let you customize your system to change the screen mode display, OSD language and source default.
- Press the System Menu button on the remote, the main page of the system menu will appear on the screen.
- Use the Up or Down buttons to select the desired item in the main page and then press OK to select. The submenu will appear on the screen.
- Use the Up or Down buttons to select the desired item in the submenu and then press OK to select.
- Press the System Menu button to exit the System Menu.
Note: System Menu can only be controlled via the Remote Control.
Settings and Adjustments
The Setup Menu contains features and options that let you customize your system. For example, you can set a language for the on-screen display or prevent DVD playback for certain DVD discs for children.
Using the Setup Menu:
- Press the Setup button on the remote. The Setup Menu appears on the screen.
- In order to set the desired option, move the highlight into the setup area using the Right cursor button.
- After entering the setup area, highlight the desired option using the cursor button Up or Down.
- Press Right to move the highlight to the different options for the selected item. Press Up or Down to select the desired options, and then press ENTER to confirm the selection.
- Repeat steps 3-4 to continue setting the options that reside on the same Setup Page.
- To change to another Setup page, press Left until the highlight moves back to the icon on the top part of the Setup Menu. Then, repeat steps 2-5.
- Press the Setup button to exit the Setup Menu.
- Press the DISPLAY button on the remote control to display the status banner. The banner includes title, chapter, angle, audio, subtitle, title selection and chapter selection.
- Press number (0-9) buttons to initiate a change of title selection. Then press ENTER to implement the selection.
- Press number (0-9) buttons to initiate a change of chapter selection. Then press ENTER to implement the selection.
- As you toggle through the options, the repeat option changes at that time. The track, for example, repeats once that track has ended. The selected repeat option lops repeatedly until you turn it off.
Playing USB and Memory Cards (SD/MMC/MS)
- The system will detect the insertion of the USB or CARD media automatically if no disc is loaded. The system only detects the first media inserted (card or USB drive), the second media source can be manually selected by pressing the DVD source button on the remote control.
- When a disc is inserted, the system will switch to DVD mode immediately regardless of which type of media is currently playing.
- The DVD source (DVD, USB, or SD Card) can only be changed if the DVD is stopped (not playing).
- This system cannot support more than 2 memory partitions on the USB thumb drive.