Main Unit Controls and Indicators:
- POWER; Press the POWER button to turn the power on and off.
- STOP: Press the STOP button to stop disc playback.
- PLAY: Press the PLAY button. The DVD or Audio CDs will begin to play. If you press the PLAY button again while the DVD or Audio CDs playing, the DVD will pause.
- DVD LED Indicator: This LED indicator will be illuminated when you select the DVD mode.
- TV LED Indicator: This LED indicator will be illuminated when you select the TV mode.
- Previous: Pressing this button will select the previous chapter.
- Exit: Pressing this button will exit the DVD menu.
- Next: Pressing this button will select the next chapter.
- Menu: Press this button to access the DVD menu.
- Enter: This button is used to choose the highlighted selection from the OSD menu. (If the highlighted selections are numbered the appropriate number key on the remote may be used.)
- Eject: DVD disc is stopped and ejected by pressing this button.
- DVD Disc Insertion Slot: With the label surface up, gently insert the disc into the slot until the loading mechanism engages and the DVD disc is pulled into the unit.
- Infrared Transmitter and Sensor: Used to transmit audio to wireless headphones. Also allows the remote control to operate the VOD1048 and to control other accessories in the system.
- Dome Lights: Provides additional interior illumination.
- Three Position Dome Light Switch: Auto Automatically switches on the dome lights in conjunction with the vehicle's interior illumination; Off … The dome lights will not turn on in this position; On … Turns on the dome lights. Do not leave the switch in this position as it will drain the vehicle battery.
- Screen Release: Slide in direction of the arrow to release the drop down screen.
- Side Remote Sensor Eye: Allows the remote control to operate the VOD1048 and control the other accessories.
- Headphone Jack: Allows the use of wired headphones with a 1/8" plug for listening to video program audio.
- Aux input jack: Auxiliary Audio input (Right and Left Channel) and Video input.
- Headphone jack: Allows the use of wired headphones with a 1/8" plug for listening to video program audio.
- Audiovox recommends the use of the Audiovox HP275 Headphones when using wired headphones.
Overhead Dome Lights: The lights integrated into the VOD1048 are controlled by a three position slide switch. Sliding the switch to the on position will turn the lights on. The off position will prevent the lights from turning on at all times, and the auto position will allow the lights to turn on and off with the vehicle’s interior lighting. Refer to the Installation Manual for the wire connections. Do not leave the vehicle unattended with the dome light switch in the on position, as this could result in a discharged battery.
Remote Sensor: The VOD1048 incorporates two Infrared sensors which relay signals from the remote control to allow the unit to be controlled simply by pointing its remote control at the remote sensor eye. The repeater function allows control of auxiliary equipment such as an Audiovox Video Cassette Player. The infrared sensor can relay signals from most manufacturer’s remote controls to its respective component connected to the AV1 input. In this case you must use the remote control supplied with the component.
Remote Control Operation:
- POWER ON/OFF: Press this button to turn the VOD1048 on. The selected video source (DVD/TV/AUX) will be displayed on screen and the picture will appear in a few seconds. Press the button again to turn the VOD1048 off.
- SOURCE (DVD/TV/AUX/MONITOR) Button: Video equipment connected to the AUDIO/ VIDEO inputs can be selected and displayed on the LCD display screen by pressing the button. Each time the button is pressed, the Audio / Video source will change in the following order DVD, TV, AUX and MONITOR.
- AUDIO: This button allows you to select the language you prefer from the menu. Note that not all DVDs support this function.
- MENU: Pressing this button will enable user to select the DVD main menu.
- TITLE: Pressing this button will go to the DVD root menu.
- EJECT/LOAD: Pressing this button will eject or load a disc.
- LEFT: Use this button to navigate through the menu selections.
- UP: Use this button to navigate through the menu selections.
- RIGHT: Use this button to navigate through the menu selections.
- DOWN: Use this button to navigate through the menu selections.
- SELECT: Use this button to select the highlighted menu selection.
- ZOOM: Pressing this button will allow you to enlarge the picture by x2, x3, x4, or reduce by x1/2, x1/3, x1/4. You may then pan the display by pressing the four arrow buttons (7, 8, 9 and 10).
- VOLUME UP: Use this button to increase the volume level of the headphone jacks.
- VOLUME DOWN: Use this button to decrease the volume level of the headphone jacks.
- MUTE: Pressing this button will mute the audio output.
- TV Channel UP: When in the TV Mode, press this button to increase the TV channel.
- TV Channel DOWN: When in the TV Mode, Press this button to decrease the TV channel.
- STOP: Pressing this button will s top playback of the disc.
- Reverse Scan: Pressing this button will allow you to scan the disc backwards at x2, x4, x8, x16, x32 the normal speed. When in pause mode, it will reverse scan at x1/2, x1/4, 1/8, x1/16 the normal speed.
- Play/Pause: Pressing this button will start the play of the DVD disc. Pressing again will pause the DVD disc.
- Forward Scan: Pressing this button will allow you to scan the disc forwards at x2, x4, x8, x16 x32 the normal speed. When in pause mode, it will forward scan at x1/2, x1/4, 1/8, x1/16 the normal speed.
- SUBTITLE: This button controls the language selection and allows you to choose whether the subtitles are on or off.
- SETUP: Pressing this button will allow for player settings such as General, Audio, Video, Preferences and Password setup.
- DISPLAY: This button turns the screen display on and off. This will display various playback information of the disc.
- ANGLE: If the DVD disc contains sequences recorded from different camera angles , pressing the button causes the angle icon to appear and will show you the number of camera angles available and allows you to change the angle if you wish. The angle function will not work with DVD discs that do not have multiple angles.
- NUMBER (0-9): These numeric keys allow you to directly enter the highlighted menu chapter, or track selection, and enter a password.
- +10: This button will allow you to directly enter the tracks above 10. For instance, track 17 is (+10), then (7). Track 21 is (+10), (+10), then (1).
- CLR (CLEAR): Pressing this button will clear track numbers while in track selection or search mode.
- VCP POWER (A/B): When in VCP Mode, Press this button to turn the VCP on. When in DVD Mode, Multiple presses of this button will allow you to repeat a sequence A to B audio or A to B video. To set the starting point, press once, and to set the ending point, press a second time. To cancel the repeat sequence, press a third time.
- STOP (RETURN): When in VCP Mode, Pressing this button will stop playback of the Video Cassette. When in DVD Mode, This button will allow you to go back to last playing position from Menu screen.
- REPLAY (PROGRAM): When in VCP Mode, Pressing this button will replay the Video Cassette. When in DVD Mode, Pressing this button will allow you to make a favorite program list with program button on CD or on MP3 disc.
- REVERSE SCAN: When in VCP Mode, Pressing this button will play fast reverse. When in DVD Mode, this button will allow you to select the time display mode.
- PLAY: When in VCP Mode, Pressing this button will play the Video Cassette. When in DVD Mode, This button selects TV type such as NTSC, PAL and Auto.
- FORWARD SCAN: When in VCP Mode, Pressing this button will play fast forward. When in DVD Mode, This button will select repeat mode such as Repeat disc, Repeat track, and Repeat off.
- PREVIOUS: Pressing this button will select the previous track or chapter.
- NEXT: Pressing this button will select the next track or chapter.
Wireless Headphones (Optional): The VOD1048 includes a built-in dual channel infrared transmitter for use with Audiovox wireless headphones (Audiovox Part Number IR2CHS-Dual channel). The volume can then be adjusted using the controls on each headset. The wireless headphones must be used within a line of sight from the transmitter, as infrared transmissions, like visible light travel only in a straight line. See the documentation accompanying your Audiovox wireless headphones.
Wireless Headset Special Features (Optional):
- Automatic Level Control prevents input signal overloading.
- Uses high frequency infrared light to assure a clean signal for clear reception.
IR2 Input: Any line level audio source may be connected to this input (Satellite Radio, CD Changer etc). The audio program connected to the IR2 input can be received on the B channel of the dual channel wireless headphones (Audiovox Part Number IR2CHS).
Wired Headphones: Any standard wired headphones with a 1/8 jack can be connected to the headphone jacks.
Wired FM Modulator: The VOD1048 is equipped with audio output jacks that can be connected to an optional FM Modulator (Part Number FMM100A) to allow the audio to play through the vehicle radio.