Controls and Indicators
NOTE: The above image shows a generic radio. Your radio may or may not have the following features.
- Power, Volume, and Mute Control Knob: Press the knob to turn the unit on. Press and hold the knob for 2 seconds to turn the unit off. Rotate the knob to adjust the volume from 0 to 60. Press the knob momentarily to mute the audio. Press the knob again to restore the audio.
- Eject Button: Press this button to eject a DVD/CD/MP3 disc. Disc play is stopped, the disc is ejected and the unit will change to radio operation. If the disc is not removed from the unit and the button is pressed again, the disc will be re-loaded. If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically re-loaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
- Not Used.
- LCD Screen and Touch Screen: Press icons on this screen to access menus or control functions.
- Disc Slot: Accepts DVD/CD/MP3 discs. If the unit is turned on, playback begins when a disc is inserted.
- Reset Button: Press this button to reset the system to correct a system halt or other illegal operation. Use the tip of a pen to press the Reset button. The Reset button may be located in a different location on your model.
- MAP Cover: Covers the Micro SD card slot. The Micro SD card slot is used for the Navigation Map only, not for music or other files. This may be used for firmware updates if required.
- Tune/Audio Control Knob: When the unit is set to Radio mode, rotate this knob to acquire the next or previous available frequency. When the unit is set to MP3/USB player mode, rotate this knob to select a song. When the unit is set to the XM Satellite radio mode, rotate this knob to select a channel. When the unit is set to the DVD mode, rotate this knob to select the next or previous chapter. Press this knob to access the Audio Controls Screen. Press this knob again to exit.
- PHONE Button: Press this button to access the Bluetooth touch screen menu.
- SETUP Button: Press this button to access the Settings touch screen menu.
- MENU Button: Press this button to access the Main touch screen menu.
- SRC Button: Press this button to switch between the available audio/video sources applied to the unit.
- XM Button: Press this button to access the XM Satellite Radio touch screen menu (if equipped).
- Dimmer Button: Press this button to adjust the LCD screen brightness as follows: Screen Off, Dark, Soft or Bright.
- SEEK + Button: When the unit is set to Radio mode, press this button to acquire the