Installing Your SIRIUS Tuner
You can begin to enjoy SIRIUS Satellite Radio as soon as the Tuner installation is complete and you have subscribed to the SIRIUS XM Radio Service. To set up your Tuner, follow these installation instructions.
- Make sure the power cable is not connected to an AC wall outlet until all interconnections have been made and verified. The power cable should be connected last.
- Do not install the Tuner in the locations exposed to direct sunlight or in areas subject to extreme temperatures.
- Incorrect installation may cause damage to the system.
Cabling Interconnections: Set up your system using the diagram and by following the installation instructions, or enlist the help of a professional installer.
Installing the Antenna: You will need to purchase a SIRIUS Outdoor Antenna for your Tuner. Carefully follow the installation instructions included with the outdoor antenna for best results.
- When the outdoor antenna is installed, temporarily plug the antenna cable into the ANTENNA connector on the back of the Tuner for testing, to determine if you have correctly installed and aimed the antenna.
- Connect the audio output of the Tuner (either audio output L/R or digital audio) to your sound system. Turn your sound system on.
- Plug the Tuner into a 110 VAC wall receptacle. The front panel STANDBY LED will light red.
- Turn the Tuner on and listen for audio. If no audio is heard, make adjustments to the antenna until audio output is heard. This is the desired antenna aiming position.
- After determining the optimum antenna aiming position, turn the Tuner off, disconnect the power adapter from the wall outlet receptacle, and disconnect the antenna cable.
- Plan the routing of the outdoor antenna cable to the Tuner. Be sure you avoid any obstructions that could crimp, kink, or twist the cable. Use protective grommets wherever rough openings are encountered. Do not cut the antenna cable.
- Route the cable from the antenna location to the interior of the home, working the cable through the basement, under a window sill, etc., and make adjustments and take up slack whenever necessary.
- Plug the antenna cable into the ANTENNA connector on the back of the Tuner.
- Plug the Tuner into a 110VAC wall receptacle. The front panel STANDBY LED will light red.
- You are now ready to activate and enjoy SIRIUS programming within your home.
Testing Antenna Signal Strength: The stronger the signal strength, the less likely it is that you will experience an interruption of the audio. In the menu options of the Tuner, there is an signal indicator display which shows two bar graphs indicating signal strength. This can be a useful tool for positionin