Controls and Menus of the RCA S1010 Sport MP3 Player
- Headphone jack.
- Play/Pause - Switches on the player; during playback, pauses and resumes playback; when listening to radio, switched between preset and manual mode; when in Stopwatch mode, starts and stops the stopwatch.
- Up/Down (+/–) - Adjusts volume. During menu navigation, press + or – to move along menu items at the same level.
- SEL - Press to: select music as My Selections; confirm selections; select options in menu setting.
- Back/Next - Skip backward or forward a file; search through a file. During menu navigation, press to go back or in one level.
- Stop - Stops playback; press and hold to switch off the player.
- USB Connector - Lift the cover up to open.
- Lock Switch - Slide to the locked icon to prevent accidental key activation. The lock icon shows on the display when keys are locked.
- Battery Compartment - Slide the cover to the side and lift it up to open. Insert one AAA-size battery to power the player. The battery icon shows on the display to indicate battery level. Replace battery when the icon is empty.
- M - Accesses the player’s menu.
- REC - Starts and pauses radio recording.
- P - Accesses the pedometer’s menu.
- Slide the battery compartment door to the side and lift up to open.
- Insert a AAA size battery with polarities corresponding to the indications on the compartment.
- Close the door after the battery is inserted.
Using the Accessories:
The right ear clip phone is labeled R while the left ear clip phone is labeled L.
- Slide the ear hook behind the ear with the ear pad on the front of the ear.
- For best sound quality, make sure the earpad fits closely with your ear.
- Insert the player into the carrying case and secure with the case button.
- Slide the armband through the case’s ring. The unit will seem to have a lot of movement within the armband, but once it is on the
arm the slack and movement will be less.
- Adjust the length of the armband if necessary.
- Snap the belt clip to the back of the unit. We recommend inserting the bottom of the clip in first and then snapping the top into place.
- It is recommended to use the belt clip while using the pedometer. The belt clip should be fixed at waist level (e.g. on the belt) for more accurate measurement.
- The belt clip cannot be used at the same time with the carrying case. You should remove the player from the carrying case before using the belt clip.
How Files are Organized?
The files transferred to the player will be sorted automatically so that you can easily find and play them. They are sorted as below:
- Radio Recs
- My Selections
Music files are further sorted as below:
Note: Radio Recs are recorded files from the radio; My Selections are your preferred files and all mp3, wma and audible files are listed in the Folders menu.
- The navigation menu is displayed when playback is stopped or when M is pressed during playback.
- To navigate through the menu, press Next to go into a menu level.
- Press + or – to move along menu items at the same level.
- Press Back to go back up a menu level. If the selected item is a music, audible or recorded file, press Play/Pause or Next will start playback.
- While the display shows the navigation screen for file selection, press M to access the player’s menu. (If the display shows the playback screen, press M twice to access the player’s menu.)
- Press – to highlight “Settings”.
- Press Next to enter the setting menu.
- Unless otherwise indicated, select available options within each item by pressing SEL repeatedly.
- To exit the setting menu, press M or Next.
The following items are available:
- Contrast (adjusts the display contrast, 7 levels available)
- Backlight (adjusts the duration of display backlight, 4 options available)
- Power Save (adjusts the duration of when unit will shut down
automatically, 5 options available)
- Sensitivity (adjusts the pedometer sensitivity, 3 levels available)
- FreqStep (Frequency Step) (selects between US or Europe frequency mode)
- Language (selects the display language, 10 languages available)
- Unit (selects the unit between English or metric system)
- Personal Info (inputs personal details for Sports mode)
- Advanced (Protocol - switches between MSC or MTP mode)
- Flip Display (selects the display orientation)
- Restore Defaults (restore all settings to default value by pressing SEL)
DSP: DSP feature consists of a number of sound effects.
- While playback is stopped, press M to access player’s menu.
- Press – to highlight “DSP”.
- Press SEL repeatedly to highlight an effect mode (Flat, Bass, Pop, Rock and Jazz).
- While the display shows the navigation screen for file selection, press M to access the player’s menu. (If the display shows
the playback screen, press M twice to access the player’s menu.)
- Press – to highlight “System Info”.
- Press SEL to check memory usage and software version.
For more information, please refer to your Owner's Manual.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.