PC Connection for the RCA RD1072, RD1072A Lyra Digital Audio Player
Computer System Requirements:
- Pentium III 500MHz or higher recommended; Macintosh iMac G3 or higher
- Windows ®98SE, Me, 2000, or XP; Mac OS X Version 10.1.5 or higher
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
- Internet access
- 100MB free hard disk space for the software
- 64MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
- CD-ROM drive capable of digital audio extraction
- USB port (2.0 recommended)
- Sound card
Back Up Your Data:
As with any portable device that has a hard drive, you must back up the drive regularly. We are not responsible for lost data!
Connecting the Player to the Computer:
- Lift the rubber cover that is covering the USB socket on the back of the player.
- Insert the smaller end of the USB cable into the socket on the unit tightly.
- Insert the larger end of the USB cable to the USB socket on the back of the computer. "USB Connected" will be displayed on the screen.
For Windows 98 users, please install the USB drivers included on your CD before continuing, otherwise the computer may not recognize the player.
- During transfer, "USB Transfer" flashes on the display. When the transfer is complete, the display will change to "USB Connected". Do not unplug the USB cable when the display is flashing.
Yahoo acquired MusicMatch Jukebox and subsequently discontinued distribution of MusicMatch Jukebox as of August 31, 2007 as well as suspending all support of the MusicMatch services.
We appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide service information for your product. Since MusicMatch has been discontinued, no updates will be available for their software.
You may still download music off a music-sharing site of your choice but you will need to use Windows Media Player.
Using Windows Media Player:
- Go to library.
- Set up search my computer for files.
- All files in the folder you select in step 2 above will be added to your library.
- Connect your MP3 Player to your computer via the USB cable.
- Go to sync you should see the MP3 player in the right corner.
- Drag and drop music into sync list.
- After list is complete click sync list and it is on your player.
Using My Computer (Drag and Drop):
- Go into My computer and look for the drive that corresponds to your MP3 player or memory card.
- Drag and drop your songs into that drive.
To delete files using My Computer:
- Connect your Lyra to the PC, using the USB cable.
- Turn on the Lyra.
- Open MY COMPUTER.
- Click to select the drive letter that represents your Lyra. The music tracks appear in the right pane.
- Click to select the desired track.
- Press the DELETE key.
- Repeat for each track to be deleted.
Disconnecting Your Player from the Computer:
- For Windows XP, from the System Tray, double click the left mouse button on the icon and select Safely Remove Hardware.
- Select the drive corresponding to your player and click STOP. The Stop a Hardware device screen appears.
- Select the device to be stopped again for confirmation and click OK.
- You can also stop your player by left clicking on the icon from the system tray and selecting the drive corresponding to your player. Before disconnecting the USB connection from the computer or the Digital Audio Player, be sure the "Safe to Remove Hardware" message is displayed.
Note: The description on this page is based on Windows XP. If you are running other operating systems, there may be some differences. See the Windows Help for details about safely removing hardware.
To Configure Windows XP for Quick USB Removal:
- Using the USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- From the Windows XP desktop, right click MY COMPUTER, and then select PROPERTIES.
- Alternately, from the START menu, right click MY COMPUTER, and then select PROPERTIES.
- From SYSTEM PROPERTIES, on the HARDWARE tab, click DEVICE MANAGER.
- From DEVICE MANAGER, under DISK DRIVES, right click your removable USB Device, and then select PROPERTIES.
- From PROPERTIES, under the POLICIES tab, click to select OPTIMIZE FOR QUICK REMOVAL, and then click OK.
- Close the DEVICE MANAGER and SYSTEM PROPERTIES.
For more information, please refer to your Owner's Manual.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models