Applications Utilities/Drivers Upgrade for RCA RD2820 MP3 Player
- This is the latest RD2820 Applications Utilities/Drivers upgrade. It supports Microsoft Windows 98SETM, Windows 2000TM, Windows MeTM and Windows XPTM operating system. (Replaces previous version 1056b)
- Includes Applications Utility/Drivers Upgrade, mp3PRO Playback Support and Complete Version 1.056b Upgrades.
Version 1057 includes these new features and enhancements:
- mp3pro audio support! – Now enjoy the superior sound quality of mp3pro and double* your music storage capacity.
*Files created in mp3pro are both backwards and forwards compatible with mp3 and create files that are 1/2 or less the size of original mp3 files, with great sound quality (128kb mp3 vs. 64 kb mp3pro). Additional software required to create mp3pro audio files.
- Improved ID3v1 tag parsing. – Improved ID3v1 tag handling to fix the problem in the previous embedded profiler and playback processes. Previously, the artist and albums were not being displayed with files using ID3v1 tags.
INCLUDED FEATURES FROM VERSION 1056b:
- Windows Media™ audio (WMA) support. – WMA files are now supported for playback on the RD2820 devices. You can create or convert your music to WMA1 music files with your favorite music management software2 and play them back on your RD2820.
- A new System Tray Application – The latest Lyra MP3/Personal Jukebox System Tray Application. It now features improved ID3 tag detection during the Profiling process and the “LyraSync”, option that allows synchronization of data files between PC and the Lyra Player.
- “Navigation while playback” feature – Navigation while playback adds an exciting new feature to your RD2820. While listening to your selection, simply press the “NAV” key located below the display screen on your device to scroll through your menus to find a new selection to play, or create a play list on the fly.
- New System Tray Application – The Lyra MP3/Personal Jukebox System Tray Application now has improved ID3 tag detection and error checking. Erroneous gaps, spaces and text are automatically removed from the display. This also allows for a 10 to 20% improvement in display speed.
- RD2820 Software Upgrade – The latest software increases the capacity of shuffle feature. It can now support over 8000 files for random shuffling during playback, a 4X improvement over the previous version.
- Embedded Profiler Upgrade – Now 10 to 20% faster profiling from your RD2820. This means you spend less time managing your music and more time listening.
- Corrects the “Error reading system playlist files” problem that randomly appeared in previous version of software due to an error in the internal profiler code.
- RD2820 plays open, or non Digital Rights Management WMA files. For more information about WMA, visit the Microsoft site by clicking here.
- The contents of the device must be re-profiled from either the PC or the device in order for new WMA content to be properly displayed in the Sorting menus on the device. See the Lyra Jukebox User’s Guide for more details on the profiling process.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Upgrade/Drivers Utility Download Update/Resotre Utility link and then follow the installation instructions below:
*Special PC Instructions: