Installing the Advent CAM300B Frame Camera
Steps to Install
1. Remove the rear license plate.
2. Examine the vehicle to determine the best way to run the power wires
3. The Camera can be mounted above or below the plate. Determine the
4. Place the frame camera in front of the license plate and line up the
5. Route the camera wiring into the vehicle. The wire can be run through
6. Assemble camera and mount on the vehicle.
Wiring the Camera to the Vehicle’s Reverse Lamp
1. Locate the reverse lamp in the tail light assembly.
2. Using the tap connector supplied, perform the following steps:
3. Attach the black wire to the ground (negative).
4. Repeat the above steps for the red wire.
Connecting the Video Signal
6. If using an alternative monitor, use the adaptor harness to split the
|Reverse/Normal Image Adjustment
The camera comes standard with a reversed image, designed for mounting at the rear of the vehicle. If you need to change to a forward or normal 8 image view, clip the blue jumper wire loop on the wiring cable (labeled “Mirror Selection” below) to change the camera image to normal. Secure the clipped wires with electrical tape. To change back to reverse image view, reconnect the blue wires and secure with electrical tape.