Installing the Audiovox ACA200 License Plate Mounted Backup Camera
1. Remove the rear license plate to determine the best way to run the power wires to the reverse lights.
2. The camera cable can be routed through an existing grommet, or through a 5/8 inch hole drilled near the vehicle’s rear license plate. Be sure to check behind the intended drilling location before drilling to ensure no wires or mechanisms interfere or could be damaged during drilling. Check for interference with license plate lights and the hatch release switch and/or mechanism. If not using an existing factory grommet, drill a 5/8 inch hole at the selected location. Coat the edge of the hole with rust preventative. Route the camera cable connector through the hole and insert the grommet into the hole to prevent water from entering into the vehicle.
3. Place the camera bracket behind the license plate and line up the holes. Fasten the camera mounting bracket and the license plate to the vehicle using the anti-theft screws provided. After installation of screws with the tool provided, place the tool in the glove compartment or other safe place for future use.
4. Wire the Camera to the vehicle’s reverse lamp.
a) Locate the reverse lamp in the tail light assembly. Using the tap connector supplied, perform the following steps:
b) Attach the black wire to the ground.
c) Reverse/Normal Image Jumper: The blue jumper wire loop is located at the camera cable connector, installed in the harness. The camera image is pre-wired for reverse image. If mounting the camera on the front of the vehicle, cut the blue wire loop to change the camera image to normal. Secure cut wires with electrical tape.
The receiver must be installed in the vehicle’s trunk or interior. The receiver are not weather proof and must be located in a dry location.
1. Wiring the receiver connection.
a. Wiring the receiver to the vehicle. Choose a source that only has power when the vehicle is running. Connect as shown using the tap connectors supplied.
b. Black wire-Chassis/Ground. Using ground ring supplied,
2. Wiring the receiver to the monitor
a. Connect the receivers RCA connector to the monitor RCA connector.