The cassette adapter lets you listen to the Lyra in an automobile or RV safely without having to wear headphones. The car kit is included with your Lyra Jukebox. This accessory kit includes a car cord adapter and a cassette adapter. The car cord adapter lets you power your Lyra from the cigarette lighter socket of a car, truck, or RV. It converts 12-volts to a 5 volt output.
- Insert the plug on the cassette adapter into the headphones jack on the player. If the headphones are attached, remove them.
- Insert the cassette (Side A up) into your cassette player making sure the cord is placed in the correct position for your type of player.
- Remove the cigarette lighter from the socket, and insert the car cord adaptor into the socket.
- Attach the end of the car cord adapter to the DC IN jack on your Lyra Jukebox (the POWER light comes on).
- Turn on your Lyra Jukebox, and operate the Lyra Jukebox to play music as described on page 31.
- Control the volume with the car cassette player.
- When you're finished,
A. Remove the cassette adapter from the car cassette player.
B. Turn off the Lyra Jukebox.
C. Remove the car cord’s plug from the cigarette lighter socket.
Cautions: Make sure to place the cassette securely into the slot with the correct direction for the type of player you have. The car cord adapter is designed to be used only with vehicles having negative ground electrical systems. Use of any other car cord adapter may damage your Lyra Jukebox and void your warranty.