Vehicle preparation and Installation of the LCM5043NP and LCM5643NP Monitor
- Decide on the system configuration and the options that will be installed (i.e. what components, VCP, DVD, TV Tuner, Video Game, Monitor, FM Modulator, etc.).
- Read the manuals and get familiar with the electrical requirements and connections.
- Decide on the mounting locations and methods of mounting the products.
- Prepare the vehicle by removing any interior trim necessary to gain
access to the vehicle's wiring as well as all areas where interconnecting wire harnesses will be located. If any access holes need to be cut into the vehicle, headrests, or other trim components, this should be performed now. (Refer to the Installation Procedure).
- Run the wiring harnesses and cabling throughout the vehicle as necessary. (Refer to the wiring instructions for the individual components and accessory options being installed). Be sure, that all the wiring is protected from sharp edges and is routed in such a manner that it will not be pinched, when it is fully installed. Be sure to leave enough slack in the wiring at each component to allow sufficient working room.
- Remove all the A/V system components from their packaging and
then place them in the vehicle at their respective locations.
- Locate an accessory power source (Red Wire)(+12VDC present when the ignition key is in the accessory and run positions. 0VDC should be present, when the ignition key is in the OFF position). Generally, these wires can be found at the ignition switch or fuse box.
- Locate a Constant Power Source (Yellow Wire)(+12VDC present at all times).
- NOTE: Ensure that the accessory power is fused at the source. Failure to do so may result in vehicle wiring damage.) Ground the black wire to a chassis ground close to the mounting location of AV sources.
- Connect all the components together (electrically) and verify that the proper operation of all the system functions. NOTE: This is best done BEFORE the components are permanently mounted.
- After verifying the proper operation of the system, proceed to mount each component.
- The mounting method, and the location will vary from vehicle to
vehicle, so this manual will only focus for the installation of the
- The best location for the system components is:
- Monitor: Headrest or bracket (optional) mounted onto a flat
- System Interconnection Box (AVX-6869): In line with all
the system cabling and in an area were it can be easily accessed.
- System Main Cable: Under either seat where monitors
Optional Bracket Mounting:
This procedure describes mounting the system monitor using an optional
Surface Mount Bracket (sold separately, # FB1)
1) Start by firmly attaching the Surface Mount Bracket onto a flat surface
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is unlawful in most jurisdictions to drive a motor vehicle which is equipped with a television viewer or screen that is located at the point forward of the back of the driver’s seat, or that is visible directly or indirectly, to the driver while operating the vehicle.
2) Slide monitor onto Surface Mount Bracket and then tighten the
3) Adjust viewing angle of monitor by tightening the fastener at the
4) When the system components are mounted, test the system to
verify that it is functioning correctly. Make sure that no wiring was
pinched, or connected improperly during the final installation
1) Remove the headrest from the vehicle for easiest installation.
2) Lay headrest on a flat surface.
3) Center trim collar on headrest as shown.
NOTE: Depending on the angle of the headrest the Trim Ring and housing may be mounted upside down.
4) Using a Permanent Marker, mark headrest material along the interior of the Trim Ring.
5) Remove the Trim Ring and mark an “X” from corner to corner as shown.
6) Using the utility knife, cut the headrest material along the “X” lines. Do not cut the material along the other lines at this time.
7) This will leave you with an “X” cut as shown.
8) Pull the flaps up and cut the foam beneath the material to the proper depth. Cut all four sides of the foam.
9) Using your fingers, tear the foam out of the headrest leaving a recess where the shell will be inserted.
NOTE: At this point you will need to install the harness up through the area into the recess. It may be helpful to
follow one of the posts and tie wrap it to the post for restraint.
10) Lay the flaps of headrest material down into the recess and insert the Mounting Tray into the recess. Check for fit. If it does not fit properly, you may need to remove some more foam.
NOTE: The Mounting Tray will need to be secured to the headrest, either by using tie straps, screws, etc
11) Guide the cable through the side opening of the Mounting Tray and plug it into the Monitor. Make sure the connector locks into place. Insert the Monitor into the
Mounting Tray and secure the
cable using tie wraps or screws
12) Turn the Monitor around and insert it into the Mounting Tray housing. Snap into place...
13) Connect the Monitor power input plug to a DC power source (Red
plug +12 VDC, Yellow plug +12 VDC Constant and Black plug (-) to ground).
14) Connect the external video
source output signal (from VCP/ DVD, TV Etc.) to the VIDEO IN jack. Test the system to verify proper installation.
You can also access the User's Manual here.
Thank you for your inquiry - Audiovox values our customers and though this product is no longer in production nor does it qualifiy for warranty or repair due to the age of the product, limited support information may be available through our FAQ Database and/or Customer Service.
Before you proceed check this and other answers related to your product by searching with the Model Number of your product from the Search Box above.
NOTE: Technical support, parts, user manuals (not shown on this FAQ), accessories, or repairs are either limited or NOT available for discontinued models.