The initial GPS location lock is best established when your vehicle is parked. If the device is in motion, the signal can take longer to initially connect. Once the initial coordinates are established, the software will follow you as you move and navigate.
NOTE: It may take up to 5 minutes to establish the first connection. Subsequent connections will be faster (30 seconds to 1 minute), but if you have not used the unit for several days or are very far away from the last location you used it, it may take up to 5 minutes again to find a strong signal.
Set time zone
Your AMN101 automatically determines the time through the GPS signal. However, you must set your time zone.
- Select your time zone from the list. You can change the time zone later (see “General Settings” on page 16 in the User's Manual).
- Press the confirmation icon.
View Safety Precautions
Next, a screen with safety precautions will be shown.
- Read the safety precautions.
- Press “I Agree” to continue to the Main Menu. Selecting a Source while Navigating While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to such as AM-FM Tuner, CD, etc. To select a source, press the SRC button on your Advent head unit and then select a source from the Front Source Menu. Navigation voice prompts will be heard automatically, although the navigation map cannot be seen. (The selected source audio will be muted until the navigation voice prompt command is completed, after which the source audio will resume.)
The main menu is your central point of access to all functions of your AMN101. It allows you to set your destination, manage your favorites and control all settings of your device.
The “Main Menu” consists of the following options:
- View Map: Press to view your current location on the Tracking Map.
- Drive to...: Choose your destination – either by searching for an address, choosing an entry from the POI (point of interest) directory, selecting a location from the map, or by choosing a destination from a saved list of recently visited locations or favorites (see “Choosing and Finding Locations” on page 8).
- Settings: Configure your navigation to suit your needs. Define general settings (e.g. time, language, or system of measurement), configure your map (e.g. 2D or 3D mode, day or night mode, map complexity) or load a map of a different region, set the route options (e.g. choose to avoid or allow toll roads or ferries, or change the volume (see “Settings Menu” on page 16).
Map Tracking and Browsing
The map is the core component of your AMN101. It will be centered on your current location by default, provided you have a GPS connection. You can browse the map, display information about the different locations shown on it and choose them for routing and navigating. The map knows two basic states, the Tracking and the