Using the Set Up Menu on the Jensen NAV102 GPS
When using the NAV102 for the first time, it is recommended that you customize the system parameter settings. For example, regarding navigation, you can choose to avoid or allow toll roads or ferries or change your map orientation. You can also edit display settings, including
the display of on-screen navigation icons.To get started, press the Setup button on the “Main Menu”.
You can always press the button to return to the previous screen.
Setup Routing Criteria
- Shortest Time: Calculate route based on the fastest time.
- Avoid Freeway: Try not to use highways when calculating routes.
- Avoid Tolls: Do not use toll roads when calculating routes.
- Use Ferries: Use ferry travel when calculating routes.
- Simulation: Enable simulation mode (perform simulated navigation when not traveling).
- Auto Recalculation: Automatically recalculate the route if a wrong turn is made.
- Voice Guidance: When on, the system will give voice prompts
- Announcement Tone: When on, the system will give a double tone to alert you of the next turn.
To select which and how many icons are displayed on the map or to change the map orientation, press Display Options on the “Setup” menu.
Heading Up/North Up
- Heading Up: This mode will display the map with the vehicle direction always pointing up. The map will rotate and move accordingly during navigation while the green arrow representing the vehicle stays up and still.
- North Up: This mode will display the map with North always pointing upward. The map will not rotate during navigation. The green arrow representing the vehicle will rotate and move according to the vehicle location on the map.
Press to turn the display for any of the following icons or information on/off:
- Display Clock
- Display Status Bar
- Display GPS Icon
- Display Scale Icon
- Display Compass Icon
- Display Next Maneuver
- Enlarged Intersection
Press to choose from a list of available languages for on-screen text. Once a new language is selected, you will return the initial screen and be required to review safety information in the chosen language.
Press to choose from the following available languages for voice guidance:
- English USA - Dave
- English USA - Rebecca
Set Time Your clock time must begin with 1, 2 or 0. For example, enter “0835” for 8:35 and then press AM or PM, or press 24 for 24-hour clock display (military time). If you press 24 after entering “08:35”, the time will automatically be set for AM, since “08:35 PM would be “20:35” in 24-hour display mode. Press the button to save your time setting and return to the “User Preferences” menu.
Distance Units Settings
Press to select one of the following units for distance measurements:
From the Day/Night Settings menu, press to select Day or Night mode, shown below. Press Auto. to allow the mode to be chosen automatically based on the time of day.
Point of Interest Icon Setup
This option allows you to choose a specific POI icon scale for selected POI categories.
1. Choose from the following options:
- Select Marker 100ft Scale
- Select Marker 150ft Scale
- Select Marker 250ft Scale
- Select Marker 350ft Scale
- Select Marker 600ft Scale
2. Press to turn the setting on/off for various categories.
Press to reset the location of your vehicle.
From the “System” menu, select Volume to modify the volume of voice commands
- Press the + button to increase the volume.
- Press the – button to decrease the volume.
- Press the SOUND Mute button to silence or resume the voice command volume.
View satellite information for diagnostic use, including the number of satellites currently in view and how many are being used. You can also view the GPS time along with the current latitude and longitude.
View software version, map version and copyright information.