|Troubleshooting the Jensen NAV102 GPS Navigation System
|Why can't I find an address using the Jensen NAV102?
- Address spelled incorrectly.
- Please make sure you have correctly spelled your entry.
If you do not know how an address is spelled, simply enter the parts of the address about which you are certain - e.g. "Brook" for Brooklyn in New York. Then browse the results list and look for the address. Also make sure that the city in which you are looking for an address is correct. Sometimes the official postal address differs from the address you are looking for. In that case, search for a known address nearby and browse the map.
|Why can I not get a good signal with the Jensen NAV102?
- If you have problems getting a satellite fix with GPS (you can see how many satellites are
being received on the main menu at the bottom left), please make sure you are outside and
the GPS antenna has good 'visibility' to the open sky. Some models also support an additional
external active antenna. Please consult the hardware manual of your device to get further
information on how to obtain a GPS fix.
|Why does the NAV102 stop responding?
- Turn the unit off and back on. If this does not help, reset the unit by using a small metal object
to press the RESET button located on the side of the NAV102 unit between the ANTENNA
connection and the SD card slot.
Why is there no sound from my head unit on the Jensen NAV102 when I am navigating and sitting at a corner?
- This is normal and when the turn / maneuver is completed the audio will return. In the city traffic or a short route with many turns, you may want to turn off the voice prompts.
|How do I get the new and updated Map and Navigation software for the Jensen NAV102?
Updated mapping software for the NAV102 is now available for purchase directly from Horizon Navigation, online at https://eshop.horizonnav.com/eshop/shop.php or CLICK HERE
- Click on the Jensen brand at the left of the page
- Click the NAV102 link
- Select the map region that you need
NOTE: The software is on a DVD, so you will have to transfer it to a 2GB SD card using your PC and then load it into the NAV102.
IMPORTANT: Do not load the DVD directly into the radio. This will cause system failure which will result in a repair.
|How can I turn off the Voice Prompts on the Jensen NAV102?
- When using the Horizon software, press the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner of the TFT display. If using the gate5 software, the voice prompts cannot be turned off.
Can I upgrade my gate5 navigation software to the horizon navigation software on the Jensen NAV102?
Yes upgrades are available from Horizon (charges may apply)
Click the links below to visit the Horizon Website
Horizon Home Page
<a style="COLOR: #0080ff" href="https://eshop.horizonnav.com/shop.php" ta