Operating Instructions for the Prestige APS55 Remote Start System
- To lock or unlock the doors simply press and release button 1 one time. As a keyless entry unit, for your convenience, the parking lights will flash once when the doors are locked and twice when the doors are unlocked.
|Remote Car Finder:
- To access the car finder mode, while within range of your car, simply press and hold button 1 of your transmitter for three seconds. The parking lights will begin to flash making your vehicle more visible. The lights will stop automatically after 30 seconds.
- If you wish to turn off the car finder mode prior to the expiration of the 30 second timer, press and release button 1 of your transmitter one time.
|Remote Starting the Vehicle:
The system will not start the vehicle if any of the following situations exists:
- The vehicle's hood lid is open.
- The gear shift selector is not in park.
- The brake pedal id depressed.
- The safety control switch is in the off position.
To start the vehicle:
- Press and release the button two times within 2 seconds. The vehicle will start and remain running for the pre-programmed 5, 10, 15, 20 minute run cycle. As a visual indication, the parking lights will flash or remain on depending on the setting by your installation center.
- When you arrive at the vehicle, turn the ignition key to the On position (not the spring loaded start position), then step on the brake pedal to disengage the remote starter. The vehicle will continue to run, but now on its own power.
|Safety Control Switch:
The red handled control switch allows you to temporarily disable the remote starting function of the system and moving this switch to the off position is recommended whenever the vehicle is being serviced. When the system id disabled, the remote door lock and optional accessories will remain operational.
For more detailed operating instructions, please refer to your