There are two steps to installing your Home Dock. First, connecting the Home Dock to the AC Power Adapter, the Indoor Outdoor Antenna, and to your stereo or powered speakers, and second, placing and aiming the Indoor/Outdoor Antenna.
Step 1: Connect the Home Dock
- When installing the Home Dock in your home, choose a location in close proximity to your home stereo system or powered speakers, and also where the cable from the Indoor/Outdoor Antenna can reach the Home Dock. The location should be easily accessible and provide good visibility of the display, but should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. You will also need to decide whether you will be connecting your Home Dock to your home stereo system using the provided Stereo Audio Cable, or directly to powered speakers.
Connect the Indoor/Outdoor Antenna
- Once you have selected a location, connect the antenna to the silver ANT connector at the right side of the Home Dock. (After completing a few additional steps, we will work on the location of the antenna.)
Connect the Home Power Adapter
- Connect the Home Power Adapter to the red POWER connector at the left side of the Home Dock, and plug it into a wall outlet.
Connect the Home Dock to a Home Stereo System or Powered
- The Home Dock can be connected to your home stereo system, or to a pair of powered speakers. If you are connecting to a home stereo system, see the following section. If you are connecting to a pair of powered speakers, refer to “To Connect the Home Dock to Your Powered Speakers” on page 23.
To Connect the Home Dock to Your Home Stereo System
The Home Dock can be connected to your home stereo system through the AUX In or LINE In connection of your home stereo system, using the provided Stereo Audio Cable.
- Take the provided Stereo Audio Cable and connect the single 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector to the green AUDIO connector at the rear of the Home Dock.
- Connect the white left and red right Stereo Audio Cable connectors (“L” and “R” are also on each respective tip) to any available input other than PHONO on your home stereo system. (If your stereo’s inputs are marked red and black, simply connect the white plug to the black input.)
- Turn the home stereo system On, and make sure you select the correct input on your stereo system for the AUX In or LINE In connection, or whatever input you have selected.
To Connect the Home Dock to Your Powered Speakers
The Home Dock can be connected directly to a pair of speakers. The speakers will need to be powered for amplification.
- Connect the 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector from the powered speakers
to the green AUDIO connector at the rear of the Home Dock.
- Plug the AC Power Adapter for the speakers into an AC outlet.
- Turn the speakers On.
Dock Your XMp3i
- Place the XMp3i into the Home Dock as shown, and turn it On by sliding the Power/Lock switch down.
- IMPORTANT! Allow the XMp3i to charge the battery for a
minimum of three hours before removing from the Home Dock