Locating Your AM/FM Q Terk AF1 Antenna for Best Results
1. All antennas are affected by electromagnetic fields. To maximize performance, position your AM/FM Q Antenna away from direct contact with receivers, tuners, CD Players, TV's and Computers.
NOTE: Antennas work best when computers, CD players, and VCRs are turned off.
2. Keep the antenna away form large metal objects. Placing the AM/FM Q near a window often provides the best results.
3. On occasion, certain areas of your home may be null points or dead spots where no radio signal can be received. This may also occur in metal frame buildings and houses with aluminum siding. IN this case, simply move your antenna trying different locations until the best reception is received.
4. In weak signal areas, optimum tuning is achieved with your receiver's scan button in the off position.
5. The Q's AM loop antenna is the black rippled section of the Q. For optimum AM results, pull the "AM loop" away form the FM portion of the antenna so the A loop is at a 90 degree angle from the FM antenna. The AM portion of the is non-amplified.
NOTE: Remember that no antenna can receive a radio signal that isn't there. When a usable radio signal is present, your AM/FM Q will improve AM and FM reception.
NOTE: Generally a practical limit to radio reception is 40-50 miles from the broadcast transmitter depending on the terrain.