These are the questions asked by other customers on the ANT800 Antenna we hope the answers below will answer your questions.
Other Questions about the ANT800 Antenna
|How far is the estimated range for the ANT800 Antenna?
This antenna has an effective range of approximately 30 miles but can be either further or limited by distance to area towers and topography see the information below:
- Before you mount the ANT800, consider the following factors in reception
The ANT800 usually performs best when mounted horizontally
- The ANT800 should be mounted on the side of your house that faces most of your local broadcast towers. Visit www.antennaweb.org to see the locations of your local broadcast towers.
- The higher the elevation of the antenna, the better the reception performance will be.
|What cable do I need to connect the ANT800 to a converter box?
- This antenna uses a standard RG6 coaxial cable which is compatible with any converter box.
- You just need to connect the built-in RG6 coaxial cable from the antenna to the converter box and run a channel search.
|Does the ANT800 amplifier require a AC source?
- Yes the amplifier requires a standard AC power source the AC adapter is included for the amplifier.
- It is important that the power adapter be plugged in so that it stays vertical or lays flat and not be in a leaning position
|Where should I locate the amplifier insert for the ANT800?
||Please be advised that the amplifier insert should always be located indoors.