Playing Music Files:
The player sorts your music files by track name (title), artist, album, genre and year.
- Press Menu to display the Home menu, then press + or - to select Music.
- Press Next or Play to enter the Music menu.
- Use + or - and Next or Previous to navigate through the menus and select the desired item, then press Play or Next to start listening.
* Press within the beginning 4 seconds of the current music file to skip to the previous file. Otherwise, you will return to the beginning of the current file.
Tip: Your Opal MP3 Player will remember what song was last playing at power off. When you power your MP3 Player back on, press play to listen.
Option menu (music playback):
- Press Play/Pause to show or hide the Option menu during playback.
- Press + or - to highlight an option and then press Play/Pause to confirm the selection or change the setting.
The following options are available:
- Resume - to resume playback
- Repeat - press Play repeatedly to select repeat current or all files
- Add to Favorites - to add the current file in the Favorites playlist. If the file is already in the playlist, this option changes to Clear from Favorites to remove the current file from the playlist
- Delete - to remove current file from the player
Music Playback Display:
- Current file number / total number of files
- Song name
- Artist name
- Album name
- Elapsed playback time
- File total time
- playback progress bar
- File bitrate
- File type
The information provided in the playback screen depends upon the ID3 tags that have been set up for the music file.
To sort tracks by album order:
The included RCA EasyRip software will allow you to rip and transfer the CD's directly to the player, so that they play in album order. Here is how you do it:
- Connect the device to the PC. If properly installed, the RCA Easy Rip software will auto launch.
- Put the CD in the computer, this will launch the CD ripper.
- Wait for the PC to detect the name of the album and all the tracks.
- Then select all songs with the box to the left of title. An X should appear in every box.
- Click the Add Selected to Device line. This will add all songs directly to the device in Album order.
- When the ALBUM is selected from the device's menu, songs wi