Typically, when a new version of firmware is available, the RCA easyRip software will inform you when you connect your device to the PC.
To manually update the firmware on your player:
- Connect your device prior to installation.
- Click Here to download the file.
- Select "Save" and select the appropriate folder to save the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to complete installation.
If your computer does not recognize the player:
- Make sure your computer's operating system is up to date with the latest Service Packs and patches.
- Plug the player into a different USB port. Avoid the use of USB hubs if possible. Avoid Laptop docking cradles if possible.
- Reboot the PC.
- Connect the player to the PC while holding the play/pause button.
These steps should allow the player to be read by the USB port correctly and will show the player in "My Computer" as a new drive letter.