Timed Start Program:
The Remote Start unit has the ability to start the vehicle automatically at timed intervals.
This feature is useful in extremely cold climates where starting the engine is the only means to keep the battery charged and fluids warm.
The operator has the option to have the unit start every 2 or 4 hours for a maximum of 48 hours. Factory preset is to start at 4 hour intervals.
To select 2 or 4 hour automatic start timer:
- Start with the Enable switch (Red Handle) in the On position.
- Turn the ignition On then Off.
- Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition off, cycle the enable switch Off, On, Off, On (2 Times) to select a 2 hour timed interval.
- Cycle the enable switch Off, On, Off, On, Off, On, Off, On (4 Times) to select a 4 hour timed start interval.
- The lights will flash and the siren will chirp 2X or 4X dependant upon 2 or 4 hour interval setting.
Note: Once selected, 2 or 4, this timer interval will remain in memory until it is manually changed. To change, the above sequence will have to be followed.
Timed Start Operation:
- To begin the start timer, within 10 seconds of turning off the ignition switch, activate the RF command to start 2 times. (Press the trunk/key button four times).
- The lights will flash and the siren will chirp 4 times to indicate timed interval mode has been initiated.
- The vehicle will automatically start every 2 or 4 hours as programmed.
- To cancel the timed start mode start the vehicle either by RF or by the ignition key.