Operating Instructions for PRO9775A Remote Start Security System
|Arming the System - Active:
- Turn off the ignition, exit the vehicle, and close all doors, hood lid and trunk lid.
- Press and release the Arm/Lock button on the key chain transmitter.
- The doors will lock, the LED will begin to flash slowly and the vehicle's parking lamps will flash once, and the siren/horn sounds one chirp.
|Silent Arming - Active:
- Turn off the engine, exit the vehicle and close all doors, hood lid and trunk lid.
- Press and hold the Arm/Lock button on the key chain transmitter for two seconds.
- Red dash mounted LED begins to flash slowly, and the parking Lights flash one time. The Siren/Horn will not sound. The door locks are optional.
|Arming the System - Passive (Automatic):
- Turn the ignition key off, exit the vehicle, and close all doors, hood lid, and trunk lid.
- The LED will begin to flash rapidly, 30 seconds later the system is armed.
- Opening any protected entry point during the 30 second passive arming cycle will immediately suspend automatic arming and the 30 second passive arming cycle will re-start when all doors are closed.
- At the end of the passive arming cycle the LED begins to flash slowly, the parking lights flash one time, the siren/horn sounds one chirp and the door locks are optional.
|Protection while the system is armed:
- Opening any protected door, hood, or trunk lid will cause the alarm to immediately sound. The alarm will continue to sound for 30 seconds, then stop and continue to monitor all protected entry points. If the thief left a door opened, the alarm will sound for six 30 second cycles, remain armed and ignore that triggered zone.
- Whenever the system is armed, the red dash mounted LED indicator will slowly flash. This serves as a visual deterrent to the potential thief. The LED is a very low current bulb and will not cause the vehicle's battery to drain, even when left unattended for long periods of time.
- Whenever the system is triggered, the vehicle's parking lights will flash for the full 30 second alarm cycle, attracting visual attention to the vehicle.
- Whenever the system is armed, the vehicle's starting circuit will be bypassed. If the thief should choose to ignore the siren/horn, the vehicle can not be started.
- Any strong impact to the vehicle will cause the alarm to trigger for the full 30 second alarm cycle.
- Any mild impact to the vehicle will cause the alarm to sound a short series of warning tones.
|Disarming the System:
- As you approach the vehicle, press and release the Disarm/Unlock button on the key chain transmitter.
- The LED will turn off, the vehicle's parking lamps will flash 2 times, the doors will unlock (optional) and the siren/horn will sound two chirps.
- As you approach the vehicle, press and hold the Disarm/Unlock button on the key chain transmitter for 2 seconds.
- The LED turns off, the parking lights flash two times, the siren/horn does not sound, and the door will unlock (optional).
|While the System is Sounding:
If during a triggered state, you wish to shut off the siren without disarming you