Programming the Acoustic Research ARRI03G, ARi3G Universal Remote Control
|IMPORTANT: By default, the MEDIA key on the ARi3G is set to control an Apple TV device. If this is the device you want to control with the MEDIA key, you don't need to program the key. If, however, you want to use the MEDIA key with a different device, follow the directions below to program the ARi3G to control that device.
To set up the ARi3G to control your device:
- Find the code for your brand of device in the accompanying code list. Codes are listed by brand name. Make sure that the device you want to control is switched on (not in standby).
- Press the device key for the device you want to control (TV for television, AUD for audio receiver, or MEDIA for a docking station) to select the device.
- Press and hold the Mute and Menu keys until the device key blinks twice (it will blink once then twice).
- Use the transport keys to enter your 5-digit code:
For example, to enter 12345, press
- The device key blinks twice.
- Now, aim the remote at the device you want to control and press Power. If your device switches off, the remote should be ready to operate your device.
- Turn your device back on and try all the remote's functions to ensure they are working properly.
If the functions work properly:
Congratulations! You've programmed this key.
If the functions do not work properly:
Repeat steps 1-5 using another code listed under your brand.
Searching for Your Code
If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed for your brand, or if your brand is not listed, try searching for your code.
Note: Because it goes through the entire library of codes, the code search may take a while.
- Turn on the device you want to control.
- Press a device key once (e.g., TV) to select the device.
- Press and hold Mute and Menu until the device key blinks twice (it will blink once then twice).
- Press .
- Aim the remote at the device and press the device key (e.g., TV), then press Power.
Did your device turn off?
Yes: Press and hold the Menu key until the device key blinks twice. This indicates that the code has been saved.
No: Repeat step 5 again.
- Try the following keys with your device:
If these keys work your device, you've finished programming this device key.
If they do not work the device, repeat the code search from step two above.
- To search for other device codes, repeat steps 1 to 6.
Checking the Codes
If you have set up the remote using the procedure in "Searching for Your Code" above, you may need to find out which five-digit code is operating your equipment.
For example, to find out which code is assigned to your TV:
- Press TV once.
- Press and hold Mute and Menu until the device key blinks twice, then release.
The device key blinks twice.
- To see the code for the first digit, press the key.
Count the number of indicator blinks (for example, three blinks = 3), and write down the number in the appropriate code listing at the top of this column.
Note: If a code digit is 0, the key does not blink.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the four remaining digits:
- To check for other device codes, repeat steps 1-5, substituting the device key you want to check.