Setup Information for AVD400 DVD Player
|How do I setup my AVD400 DVD Player?
Press STOP and then press SETUP to display the Main screen of the Setup Menu. Press SETUP again to exit the SETUP Menu and the unit will resume its last playback or stop mode.
- Language: You can choose languages for OSD, Subtitle, Audio and DVD Menu.
- Video: You can choose TV Shape, TV System, Brightness and Edges.
- TV Shape: You can choose 4:3/PS, 4:3/LB, 16:9.
- 4:3/PS: When the player is connected to a normal TV and a wide picture is shown on the full screen.
- 4:3/LB: When the player is connected to a normal TV, and a wide picture is shown on the screen with a black strip at both the top and bottom of the screen.
- 16:9: When the player is connected to a wide screen TV, a wide picture is shown on the full screen.
- TV System: You can choose NTSC or PAL.
- Brightness: You can choose On or Off to enable or disable the feature.
- Edges: You can choose On or Off to enable or disable the feature.
- Audio: You can select the digital output for AC3, DTS, MP3/WMA and Others.
- Rating: You can select Password, Rating and Restore Default.
- Password: For first time use the default password is 3308 to unlock the unit. This password is always effective even after you have selected your own password and changed it.
- Rating: You can select a rating level from 1 Kid Safe to 8 Adult by pressing the ENTER button repeatedly to toggle through the different levels. After selecting a rating level, return to the password menu and input either the default password or any new 4-digit password and press ENTER.
- Restore Default: Restores all of the options to the default settings. This does not affect the parental rating control settings.
|How do I connect the power to my AVD400 DVD Player?
- Connect the black wire (-) to the vehicle ground.
- Connect the red wire (+) to a switched (Accessory) 12 VDC source.
- Plug the other end into the 12 VDC input jack on the rear of the unit.
|How do I connect the IR remote receiver to my AVD400 DVD Player?
||Plug the 1/8” jack on the remote IR cable into the IR IN jack on the rear of the unit. Place the IR receiver anywhere in the vehicle to allow remote control from any location.
|How do I connect my AVD400 DVD Player to a monitor?
- Match the color-coded plugs to the appropriate jacks on the back of the DVD Player A/V OUTPUT jacks: Yellow (video) to Yellow, White (left audio) to White, and Red (right audio) to Red.
- Connect any of the two monitor ports on the back of the DVD player directly to the Movies2Go headrest hoods Model MMH56 B/T/G.
- Power, audio, video and IR signals are supplied through the DIN cable.
- If your TV has an S Video input connector, connect the DVD Player using the S-VIDEO connector. This connection will have a better picture. Refer to the owner's manual supplied with the TV to be used.
- Using the supplied adapter (Part Number DVRCA) the monitor port can be connected to any monitor.
|How do I connect my AVD400 DVD Player to an external video source, such as a video game or other audio/video source?
- Plug the A/V output jacks of the source into the matching color-coded A/V input jacks on the front of the DVD player. The front inputs take priority over the DVD player.
- Press the DVD/TV/AUX button on the remote until AUX is displayed on the monitor.