To program a component on your RCA Remote Control using the Automatic Code Search method, perform the following steps:
- Manually turn on the component you want to control.
- Press and hold the CODE SEARCH key until the remote’s indicator light comes on. Then release the key.
- Press the component key you want to program.
Important: Find the ENTER key on the remote now, but don't press it yet. You'll need to press it quickly in step 5.
- Point the remote directly at the front panel of the component you want to control. Press the remote’s ON•OFF key once. The remote automatically sends every code for this kind of component one at a time, with a three-second delay between codes.
Important: Keep the remote pointed at the component throughout this process.
- When your component turns off, press the ENTER key on the remote immediately. The remote stores the last code sent.
Note: If you do not press the ENTER key within three seconds, the remote goes to the next code in the list—you'll have to start over from step 2.
- Test the remote with the component to make sure the component key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality. If some features don't work, use the Direct Code Entry to try a different code.