Momentarily lost detection on my ASH400
No Detection on my ASH400
- A small object, which is under your bumper or too close to the vehicle, may not be detected due to the dispersion of the sensor’s signal.
- When reversing down a steep slope or driveway, gravel and/or the road surface may cause momentary detection signals due to the sensors following the sloping angle of the vehicle.
- Reversing on loose gravel, rough surfaces, and pot holes may produce intermittent detection due to the signal bouncing off of reflective surfaces behind the vehicle.
- Reversing at an angle towards a partial wall or other large flat surface may refract ultrasonic signals, causing an object not to be detected.
- If reversing towards a 90 degree angle, such as a corner of a wall or pillar, sensor detection pattern will refract as until vehicle is close enough to receive signal back from corners. In such situations, vehicle could
reach very close distances before detecting.
- Due to natural projection angle of the sensors, a natural “no coverage” area is common with the system at the outer corners of the vehicle. This may occur at about 0-10” from the bumper’s outer corners.