Typically, when a new version of firmware is available, the RCA easyRip software will inform you when you connect your device to the PC.
To manually update the firmware on your RCA Jet S2202, SC2202 MP3 player, you will need to:
- Connect the player to your computer prior to installation.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link to start the download.
- Select "Save" and select the appropriate folder to save the installer.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
If your computer does not recognize the MP3 player:
- Make sure your computer's operating system is up to date with the latest Service Packs and patches.
- Plug the player into a different USB port. Avoid the use of USB hubs if possible. Avoid Laptop docking cradles if possible.
- Reboot the PC.
- Connect the player to the PC while holding the play/pause button.
These steps should allow the player to be read by the USB port correctly and will show the player in "My Computer" as a new drive letter.