Lyra™ A/V Upgrade Utility for RCA RD2780 MP3 Player
Version 0.18.1a Resolutions Include:
- Enhanced Speed Scroll for quicker navigation.
- A Slideshow error when in PAL mode is now fixed.
- Playback support for audible.com digital audiobooks and spoken word entertainment. (Supports Audible format 4 only)
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link to download the Lyra™ A/V Upgrade Utility Executable – Version 0.18.1a.
- Connect the power adapter to the Lyra™ A/V Jukebox.
Warning: Power adapter Must Be Connected before starting the upgrade process. The Flash Upgrade process on the device will not run if the power adapter is not connected.
- Turn on the unit by pressing the ON/OFF button.
- Connect the mini-USB (small) connector to the Lyra™ A/V Jukebox, and connect the Type-A (large) connector to an available USB port on the computer. The Lyra™ A/V Jukebox will appear as a Removable Device in WindowsTM.
Note: 2 drive letters will appear in My Computer/Explorer associated with the Lyra™ A/V device. The first drive letter is typically associated with the hard drive of the device while the second drive letter is associated with the CompactFlash memory slot available on the device. If no memory card is present, the second drive letter will not be accessible.
- Run (double-click) the Lyra™ A/V Upgrade Utility executable file located on your computer. Any Lyra™ A/V devices already connected properly to the system will be automatically detected by the application.
- From within the Upgrade Utility, select the drive letter associated with the RD2780 device to be updated. (Press Refresh if the device was not connected before running the utility.)
- Press Update Device to copy the new firmware/application files to the appropriate location on the device. A progress meter will appear to indicate the status of the update. Press Done to dismiss the Progress Meter dialog when the device update is completed.
- Verify the power adapter is connected to the device. The Flash upgrade process on the device will not run if the power adapter is not connected.
- After the system/firmware files have been copied over to the device, properly stop the device from WindowsTM (From the System Tray, left click on the icon ( if Win98/METM) and select the USB Mass Storage Device items associated with the Lyra™A/V Device that was just updated.)
- Disconnect the USB cable from the device. If the device is in USB Safe mode then it will auto-shutdown. Turn on the unit again by pressing the ON/OFF button. The Flash Upgrade screen will appear after the RCA Splash screen has been displayed.
Note: If the device is not in USB Safe Mode, depending on the version of the software previously loaded on the unit, the device may auto-shutdown with a message of “Lyra app(s) were upgraded. Please reboot. Shutting down…” This is normal behavior. Turn on the unit again by pressing the ON/OFF button and the Flash upgrade Process screen will appear after the RCA Splash screen.
- From the Flash Upgrade screen, press the select key to start the Flash Upgrade process. Status text on the screen will update as each Flash region is upgraded. The device will automatically