If you are experiencing difficulties with your RCA Opal M4001 player and believe your firmware may be corrupted, use this file to restore the original (OEM) firmware.
- Click Here to be redirected to the RCA Downloads Page.
- Click on the Firmware Updates/Restore Utility link.
- Select Save and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Firmware v2.3.0 Enhancements:
- Allows sub folders to be deleted from within Data or Media
- Enhanced reliability of subscription content license validation
- Enhanced reliability of the flash memory interface
- Improved menu navigation behavior within the photo and video menus
- Resolved an issue that could cause some music tracks to be duplicated on the device during synchronization
Firmware v1.8 Enhancements:
- User interface personalization: user able to choose one of four color themes (Blue, Red, Yellow and Green)
- Improved Line-in recording functionality
- Improved Menu navigation
- Slide show initialization from user selected photos