1. Connect the supplied USB cable into the DC IN of the SP880. Connect the other end of the cable to a USB charging port.
2. The Charging Indicator will turn red while the unit is charging. When charging is complete, the Charging Indicator will turn off.
Important: The battery should be fully charged prior to first use. Whenever the battery is fully discharged, immediately recharge it (regardless of whether you plan to use the battery or not) in order to maximize battery life. If you plan not to use the battery for an extended period of time (one week or longer), we recommend that you fully charge the battery. For longer periods of storage, please recharge the battery at least once every two months to maintain the battery in optimum condition.
Power On: Slide the ON/OFF switch to ON at the bottom of the SP880. A power on beep tone will be heard & the PAIR indicator will blink.
Power Off: Slide the ON/OFF switch to OFF at the bottom of the SP880.
(2) PAIR Indicator
(3) LINE IN
(4) DC IN
(5) Charging Indicator
(6) ON/OFF Switch
Pair the SP880 with your phone/device to create an audio streaming link between the two devices. Your devices must be paired before music can be played.
Important: Make sure that your phone/ device supports Bluetooth A2DP* (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) before proceeding.
*A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) is a technology enabling to stream stereo sound from an audio source (phone, PC, laptop, tablet, mp3 player) to a stereo speaker or headset via Bluetooth. To do so, both devices must support this profile.
- If the SP880 is off, slide the ON/OFF switch to ON.
- The PAIR Indicator begins blinking. This indicates that the SP880 is attempting to reconnect to a previously paired device.
After a few seconds the PAIR Indicator begins blinking rapidly. This indicates that the SP880 is now ready to pair.
- While the SP880 is in pairing mode, select CANZ from the list of Bluetooth devices of your phone.
- If your phone asks for a password/pin code, enter 0000 and press OK.
- Upon successful pairing, the SP880 will beep once. It is now ready to use with your phone.
When you turn it on, the SP880 reconnects automatically with the last paired device. When you leave the Bluetooth operating range, with the SP880 turned ON, it disconnects.
When you come back into the Bluetooth operating range, press thePAIR button to reconnect the last paired device. The SP880 will beep once it has been successfully repaired.
If your device has not been connected for an extended period of time, it will enter standby to preserve battery life. In standby mode, the Pair LED indicator will blink slowly. From standby, quickly press the PAIRbutton to reconnect to the last connected device, or press and holdPAIR to initiate pairing. The PAIR Indicator will blink rapidly, and the speaker will be ready to receive a connection.
Important: The SP880 needs to be paired with your Bluetooth A2DP phone/ device before you can stream music to the speaker. Please refer to the Pairing section for details on how to pair with the SP880.
1. Go to your phone’s music player and play a track by pressing “Play” . If the SP880 is connected, the music will be heard directly in the speaker. See your phone manual if needed.
2. For adjusting volume and controlling audio playback, please use the controls on your music player directly.
1. Plug one end of the supplied audio cable into the LINE IN and the other end into the output of your music player.
2. Press “Play” on your music player to stream music directly via the SP880.
3. For adjusting volume and controlling audio playback, please use the controls on your music player directly.